ForumsGamesGTA V *No major spoilers please*

22 10711
elfisparsley
elfisparsley
201 posts
Peasant

Opinions and general discussion on new game. Who's your fav character? Cars? etc,
*No major spoilers please*

• 22 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

I've just been watching gameplay on it, but it looks pretty great so far. Fist fighting and police chases are a lot more realistic, and the map looks HUGE. I also love the highway system they implemented; you can just get out and drive for days.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

I've decided that I'd get PayDay 2 instead of GTAV. And now I have a choice between Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and Titanfall. :/

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

I've decided that I'd get PayDay 2 instead of GTAV. And now I have a choice between Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and Titanfall. :/

......why? $40 dollars vs. $60 for a lot more stuff. Both would be okay, but choosing Payday over GTA is silly....unless you're turned away by the content.

As for your second dilemma, are you getting CoD/BF4? If so, get AC. If not, Titanfall.
KrissBoiixP
KrissBoiixP
75 posts
Nomad

Cant wait until it comes out on pc, I have an xbox, but I would like to get it for pc.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

one of my best friends let me borrow it until i beat it, which i just did, i did not do many many side missions i just stuck mostly with the main story missions which was very fun and lengthy imo.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

My friend has the game. I played a bit. I feel like if I was doing the missions for the story it would be fun, but just driving around and stuff gets boring fast.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It's fun and beautiful, but some things are lacking:

Cops shoot even though you don't have a weapon drawn. I understand them shooting at higher wanted levels, but getting shot with 1 star is wrong.

Cop helicopters respawn instantly, makes shooting them down useless.

Stealth seems broken. I shouldn't get wanted stars when in "stealth" mode and using a silencer. especially when there's nobody else around...

Vigilante / cop missions aren't there. GTA IV even had a cop computer database in cop cars, don't know why they took that out.

Can't go into many buildings. Even buildings you entered through the story are locked. You can see through a bunch of them and it looks like you can enter, but they're always locked.

I miss pool. I loved it in San Andreas and found a pool table in a bar, but you can't play.

Not enough vending machines and health packs. Since you can't enter or buy food from Burger Shot, Cluckin' Bell, or hot dog vendors, there should be way more vending machines and health packs, especially since it's so easy to lose health.

All planable heists are in the story. The trailers hyped up heists, and you only have 5-6 from the story and get paid from less. I'm reading that they're having a bunch of heists for the multiplayer, but they should add more to the single player. Some conversations lead you to believe that you'd be able to set your own up too.
What's the point in the crew leveling system if you only need them for a couple?

Random encounters are more like mini-missions and don't re-appear. I expected random encounters to be like Red Dead Redemption, cycling through them.

Can't buy other homes and too few garages. Having real estate websites and characters, I expected to be able to buy other houses. They give you millions of dollars with very little to use it on.

Should be an option to have your character stick with certain pieces of clothing. Every time you switch characters they're wearing something else.

Can't drive trains. There's trains, you can shoot the driver (which does nothing), but you can't drive.

---

I've completed the story and most of the side-missions / random encounters, so there's not much else for me to do. I hope online play offers more than GTA IV's.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I still think san andreas is the best gta

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

****, been trying to get online for an hour and a half and all I get are error messages.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

Absolutely loved it. Didn't get to really enjoy it my first play-through cause I was racing my friend in seeing who could finish it first, but I'm on my second play-through and it's still just as good.

Trevor is my role model, btw.

****, been trying to get online for an hour and a half and all I get are error messages.

Same here. All that anticipation for naught... At least I got to create a character, I suppose..
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

My favirote guy is franklin, a little bit of michael. Trevor seems to homeless.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Same here. All that anticipation for naught... At least I got to create a character, I suppose..

The fastest selling video game of all time isn't able to handle online play on the first day. Not surprising at all.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Not surprising at all.

It's not, I was just hoping to play a little that day.

Anyway I played a bit yesterday and checked if my character saved a few times when I was done, it did, but today when I turned it on my character is gone. There went ~5 hours and ~30k.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Also the hospital fees when you die online is dumb. There are a bunch of players who will just kill you for no reason and you shouldn't have to pay the fee in tdm. Plus everything is way more expensive, so you'll either be grinding for a while or paying for in-game money.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It seems only my character was deleted, my money is still in my bank account.

Showing 1-15 of 22