ForumsProgramming ForumMy biggest problem

3 9148
Carnage1995
Carnage1995
97 posts
Nomad

So I've tired learning before. Never really tried though. I'm trying more now. On some site called Codeacademy.com

I like it. Explains quite a bit.

I started with HTML, figured it would be the easiest. So far, it's rather simple, I started last night pretty much. I don't expect to really know it this fast though.

Like the title says, my biggest problem(this applies to all languages), how am I supposed to remember everything?

I've always had trouble, when trying to learn, to remember to put #include iostream, cout, etc...

How do you guys remember where to place all the code, and how and when?

I remember some things, but I keep forgetting and , for example.

This is my biggest problem so far.

Also, after I've finally learned HTML(I hope), which should I move onto next?

Javascript, CSS, and PHP, are pretty essential for web, development, correct?

In what order?

• 3 Replies
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

If your having a hard time remembering the code, try creating a cheat sheet containing calculations and describing what they do. As you continue to learn you will find some of the code will be so easy, you will need to create a new cheat sheet just to keep up with more complex code.

The main thing I would suggest is to practice, practice, practice, make sure you are having fun, and never delete your work.

Good luck and happy coding

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well when I was starting out in a language and I didn't know much language theory having completed projects or examples helped me remember things I should be doing. I don't remember a lot of python I did like 3 years ago but if I needed to I could look up examples and get the gist of it down. Basically don't stress it, have resources at the ready and just code more.

Order: CSS, Javascript, PHP/MySQL

Resources: Website, Book

Code-academy opinion: Teaches basic you need to apply them or you won't learn and do some self study.

Showing 1-2 of 3