even i changed from Chrome to firefox, the games still show black for me,

Black screen for every single game on armorgames.com

I noticed some comments saying the same problem, guess i'm not the only one

• 221 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

For those of you that are having issues, please attempt to update your browser to the latest version. Once it's up to date, test again and see if the problem still exists and please report back to let us know if it fixes the issue. If somebody would like to work more directly with me, you can contact me on AIM or Skype under "RayFerret"

FMArmo
FMArmo
2 posts
Herald

I sort of wish to have a black screen on every game. Once the add is gone the hole frame with game disappear from the page. All games behave that way, that never happend to me before. A have not every trouble with armorgames, but now......

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

When did this start FMArmo? this sounds like something that ad blockers can cause, and it may be unrelated to our issue here. Have you tried another browser or disabling your ad blocker?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We pushed out a fix that may help! Please everybody who is having this issue test.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Right now we're seeing that the problem could stem from proxy/firewalls that block Google ads. These could namely be at school and work most commonly, or public places. We're doing what we can to see if we can fix the issue.

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

I'm at my home computer now where Cursed Treasure 2 worked fine before. Still a black screen now.

Win XP (32 bit)
Chrome Version 30.0.1599.66 m
Flash 11.8.800.170 which matches the specs listed in the adobe url above
Still USA East Coast

I do use Blue Coat K9 Web Protection but haven't changed anything with it, so since CT2 worked before, I would think it should work now. However, if there's a url or website I can tell it to "accept", I can try to add it and see if that helps.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The difference here is the ads we're using, which are Google Ads. If you're blocking these ads, it can (but not always) freak out. So first, I would try disabling Blue Coat K9 Web Protection temporarily, then try it. If it works without it, then the problem is the settings with the program blocking Google Ads. Let me know how it works out.

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

I think I've found the problem for me.

It's not the Google Ads (I think), but rather the youtube advertisement that plays right in the beginning. I checked what urls were being blocked when I tried to load the game and that was the only one (youtube), which I block at home because of the kids and at work it's always blocked by the sysadmin. So I allowed it and tried the game again and it worked: first I saw the video and then I got to the game.

So that appears to be the problem for me, maybe for others also. Is there anyway to revisit that policy of putting a youtube ad before the game loads? Obviously I can get around it at home but for work, there's no way (and I suspect, any sysadmins that have youtube blocked for their network).

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

It's not actually YouTube, it's Google Ads. At this time we're trying to look at alternative ways around the issue, but in some cases it may have to be fixed on the user end. Glad it's working for you.

SpearAndSword
SpearAndSword
41 posts
Nomad

Well, I think the Google Ads is pulling from youtube because that's the url that comes up as blocked. I rarely play at home because of no time due to the kids, that's why I liked to play from work So I'll just cross my fingers and hope something can be done on your end so it can be accessible from work again. I'll keep checking back and trying

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Ah, I see what you mean! Thanks for this information SpearAndSword. I've passed it on, we're going to contact Google and find out what their thoughts are.

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

guys for some reason no games are working on armorgames for me like Zombotron 2 Time machine and KR but i went to another ebsite and it worked there at Miniclip so this is a problem wit armorgames not us..

Nihilady
Nihilady
2 posts
Nomad

Thank you SpearAndSword - makes sense as my wk has youtube blocked but not google ads.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The issue mbbs112 is that users are blocking YouTube or Google Ads. Generally this occurs at work, school, or when you're behind proxies or firewalls. We're talking to Google to find a solution.

wethito
wethito
3 posts
Nomad

my home pc runs the the site fine. Its on my work computer that the games load with black screens. I dont have access to all the tech specs obviously, and Im not going to ask my IT dept why my game site doesnt work anymore lol...hope this is resolved soon.

Showing 31-45 of 221