Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why are People nowadays so corrupted?

Posted Oct 13, '13 at 4:17pm

goumas13

goumas13

4,903 posts

Barter Economies are quite wasteful. The "double coincidence of wants", which is implied by a barter economy involves a considerable cost of valuable resources (commodities and time), hence money emerges out of the attempt to save on these resources.

Anyway, I obviously don't agree with the statement that money is the source of all corruption and that barter economies somehow function better.

Posted Oct 14, '13 at 2:05am

danielo

danielo

1,759 posts

Curroption is a natural thing. Who dont want to help his friends and family, or take care for themselve?

The government workers work with HUGE amounts of money. Most of them get much much much less money then that. Its tempting. It start with small things, like a gift of a bottle of scotch or 2 tickets for a concert. Then it grow bigger and bigger.

Posted Oct 28, '13 at 9:49pm

metalplastic

metalplastic

191 posts

Oh, corruption about money? If it's about that then it's because of the insatiable hunger for "more" I guess. Where "more" can be almost anything that money can buy.
I myself am not corrupted for money (if that's a right term) but I'm corrupted for something else...

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 8:54am

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

276 posts

the only treatment is discipline and responsibility, 'Cuz great power comes great responsibility.

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 12:40pm

danielo

danielo

1,759 posts

Oh no you didnt!

Isnt there a rule against using that cliche in the forums?

But i guese its true.

Like the romans didnt did the same. Or the feudal lords. Oor anyone else in any other period.

Posted Nov 11, '13 at 10:08pm

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

276 posts

Isnt there a rule against using that cliche in the forums?

not sure

Posted Nov 20, '13 at 8:13am

roydotor2000

roydotor2000

276 posts

Corruption can't be avoided....... But it can be reduced if you stick to your words of promised! Right?

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 2:07pm

blackfurydragon

blackfurydragon

43 posts

Yeah corruption always existed. And it's a shame it'll continue that way.

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 7:00pm

danielo

danielo

1,759 posts

Be honest: if you worked as a ticket seller for a football stadium, and your boss handed you a bag with 120k in it, wouldnt you consider the option? (A friend of mine experienced it).

Posted Nov 30, '13 at 10:00pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Be honest: if you worked as a ticket seller for a football stadium, and your boss handed you a bag with 120k in it, wouldnt you consider the option?

The option of taking it for yourself? No. Even if you got away and laid low, that's barely enough to live modestly for 5 years. Then what? Maybe if you were insanely desperate, but it's better to be honest and keep your job while you can than risk getting caught and losing everything.

Reply to Why are People nowadays so corrupted?

You must be logged in to post a reply!