1 posts
Peasant

why aren't any of the games saving the profress for me/

• 6 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Ah, forget one thing to mention: dont play in any kind of incognito/privacy mode, progress made there wont save

To add, that's because presumably your browser won't be allowing any cookies in that mode.

Not sure about online saves.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Ah, forget one thing to mention: dont play in any kind of incognito/privacy mode, progress made there wont save (local and, if possible, online)

I assume that when you say incognito/privacy mode, you are referring to not being logged into your AG account, right? If that's the case, it doesn't matter. If you have your cookies enabled, your game progress is saved even if you're not logged in. Unless, there is something I don't know, which is always an option

Not sure about online saves.

If you use the online save system, your progress is still saved even if your cookies are disabled
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I assume that when you say incognito/privacy mode, you are referring to not being logged into your AG account, right?

No; Firefox provides an incognito mode (or private, or whatever it's called precisely), I assume some other browers may provide similar (off the top of my head, I don't think Internet Explorer does). I think it's meant to allow you to surf the web not leaving any traces whatsoever on the machine you're on, say on a shared or public machine.

It's easy to see how it follows you won't be allowing any (permanent?) cookies so no offline savegames, either; in that mode; I can't be sure of online saves since I don't use them a lot (nor that mode), but I think Unleashed asserts that those won't function, either. If so, doesn't at all surprise me.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

If so, doesn't at all surprise me.

ps If anything, since I reckon you'd need to be logged in in order to save an online savegame.

Maybe Unleashed will know, so in this private mode, can't you log in anywhere? That would seem fairly drastic. Hmm, so how is this resolved? I'm only assuming that maybe you can, but still can't save anything beyond that, offline or -- perhaps -- online (?)
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

So pps

If you use the online save system, your progress is still saved even if your cookies are disabled

Perhaps technically, yes; however with cookies disabled, you won't be logged in, hence I don't think that game would allow you to save online (I'm quite sure, since for years I played here not being a member. Of course in that mode, you never get to save a game online.)
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

And then as an umpteenth afterthought ,

Maybe Unleashed will know, so in this private mode, can't you log in anywhere? That would seem fairly drastic. Hmm, so how is this resolved?

To answer my own question and thinking about this some more, I am only assuming that probably it provides you with a sandboxed environment for that session; it would allow you to log in and stuff, but all would get duly cleaned up upon closing. So no offline saving on that machine, for sure.

As always, I'll gladly stand corrected if I'm talking out of my behind, and it still doesn't answer the other question: Does it or doesn't it allow for online saves. You'd think if that is how it works, it should technically be possible; then again I wouldn't be very surprised if it is somehow blocked.

I guess I could easily check, and I don't feel like it Over to any others.

I think what spurned my comment was mostly that it is a bit of a superfluous addition, the one naturally follows from the other (not being able to save certainly offline whilst surfing incognito); then again lord knows it often can't hurt to state the obvious with these things.

Cheers
Showing 1-6 of 6