ForumsForum GamesThe Dragon's Gold (Dungeon Crawler)

355 75951
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

so i was thinking yesterday that although my game take the castle is working as i would like, it is boring. although it keeps me busy with lots of things i must pay attention to, the players say "i raid" and sometimes "i buy 1 heavy infantry unit." so i have devised a new dungeon crawler game that i think any active forum participator will like. here is the intro- (this is a mid-evil era game)

One day, as you are sitting in your cottage, you hear a knock on your door. you go to answer it. standing there is a man in long purple cloaks (keep in mind that is the sign of royalty). you cannot see his face or any part of his body, as the cloak covers it all. he seems...friendly-ish, but before you can say anything he begins.
"Hello! my name is sir Acrobis of the Deminin family. i am here because i am looking for brave adventurers to help me forfill a quest...a very dangerous one. have you ever heard of the legendary dragon's gold?" you think for a moment, but you do not recall of it. "well legend has it that in a town very close to here a dragon has millions of pounds of gols stashed away in an underground safe...and i am trying to assemble a team to recover it. everyone participating splits the loot. Do you accept?" you say of course, beacuse you wont turn an offer like this one down. however, the following events are foggy.

Character Sheet:

Name:
visual description: (this will actually become important)
Bio: (can be blank. doesn't matter, but its a good idea anyway)
class: (below, pick one)
alignment: neutral (influenced by most everything)
------------
level: 1
XP: 0/10
health: 100/100
stats: ( base stats will be based on class, armor will factor in)
Strength:
Endurance:
Melee:
Ranged:
Magica: (the form of magic in this game)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope
party: N/A

take out everything in parenthesis

Rules:
1. i am the only one who determines outcomes of anything. you NEVER will say "i decapitate xyz monster and then run down a hall." instead, "i attempt to decaptiate xyz monster." big difference.
2. If/when you become in a party, battling will be different. i havent worked this out yet, but i can tell you this, if your not posting every 2 days, you may be subject to be taken out temporarily to permanently
3. godmodding is strictly forbidden
4. if you die, you are done. you may restart, but EVERYTHING you had will be destroyed.
5. arguing will NOT be tolerated

Notes:
1. observe EVERYTHING. one of the major functions in this game will be to observe the room. if you enter a room i will give you obvious things, but most everything important or even special you will have to take a turn and observe for.
2. every peice of armor will have stats, rarity, and resell value, because there will be AI vendors in this game
3. everyone is on the same map. i cannot stress this enough because its very important. i will sketch the map, and is possible to go into a room that has already been explored
4. enemies will, for the most part, scale to your level. but in some instances they may not. bosses will not present themselves to you obviously, and if your very weak i may say "dont not go in there unless you plan on dieing."
5. PvP is going to happen, unless you want to baby through the game and never hurt a soul.
6. everything you do in this game will factor towards your alignment. i will tell you what you are and inform you of changes.
7. XP will be gained by killing monsters. PvP kills will be worth TONS. leveling up increases base stats. i will tell you when you gain XP
8. I will always update your CS (character sheet), not you. there is a format i want it in, and it will be that way.

Classes:
(each class will get a weapon they start with, and different stats)
Knight:
starter weapon: short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee)
starting stats:
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Melee: 5
Ranged: 1
Magica: 0

archer:
starting weapon: short wooden bow (+1 strength, +2 ranged)
starter stats:
Strength: 2
Endurance: 2
Melee: 0
Ranged: 5
Magica: 1

Mage:
starter weapon: crude wooden staff (+5 magica)
starter stats:
Strength: 0
Ranged: 3
Magica: 5

it is important that you copy the stats that you get from you class onto your character sheet. then put your weapon in your inventory.

I hope you guys have fun with this! i will begin drawing the map on the 1st post.

• 355 Replies
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name: Archene De'Night
visual description: Brown hair, green eyes, and stands at 5"11.
Bio: Bored with normal life, decides to go dungeon exploring! Is a hunter, so he knows how to use a bow.
class: Archer
alignment: neutral
gold: 50
------------
XP: 5/10
health: 90/100
stats:
Melee: 0 (+3 from arrows)
Ranged: 5 (+5 from bow)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (8 arrows [max 30], equipped)

I block out the rest of the world, and focus on the lizards eye. I slowly draw an arrow and fire at the thing.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: David Jones
visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
class: Thermiclerge
alignment: neutral good
Gold: 150
------------
level: 2
XP: 1/15
health: 70/100
stats:
Strength: 5 (+5 from helmet)
Endurance:2
Ranged:3
Magica: 22 (+10 from staff) (12 current)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 3 minor health potions, 2 magica potion, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (unlit), 2 enchantment crystals (rare)
party: Henry (lvl1, 0/10 XP, knight), sir archene (rychus)
------------
spells:
small icicle (lvl1, 5 magica)
fire whisp (lvl1, hand magic

visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
------------
stats:
Magica: 22 (+10 from staff) (7 current)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 3 minor health potions, 2 magica potion, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (unlit), 2 enchantment crystals (rare)
------------
spells:

your a mage, your melee skill is 0. you cant use melee weapons.
your icicle freezes the lizard's mouth shout, and it makes a whining noise. Henry drops the sword, which is covered in sludge. the sludge on Henry's body has mostly disintegrated, but he falls to the ground in pain anyway.
"my arm...its gone." he says. you look, and se Henrys arm has completely dissolved off. the bleeding is minimal because he is already wrapping some of his cloak around his shoulder. "that's stuff is vicious...don't let him spew it!" he says.

Bio: Bored with normal life, decides to go dungeon exploring! Is a hunter, so he knows how to use a bow.
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (6 arrows [max 30], equipped)

with the rest of the world blocked out, you aim the shot, holding your breath and aiming for its left eye because its slightly larger. you let your arrow fly, and it sails into the lizard's left eye.

partially blinded, the ice on the lizards one foot unfreezes and it falls to the ground. it slowly advances towards Henry, wanting to finish him off. its mouth is shut, but the salivary glands of the lizard are rapidly thawing the ice.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Name: Horace Altman
visual description: Muscular, Brown hair and eyes, 1.7 metres tall
Bio: Got tired of working at farm and decided to leave. Had alot of raw talent and trained to be a knight.
class: Knight
------------
XP: 3/10
stats:
Strength: 7 (+2 from sword)
Melee: 8 (+3 from sword)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee), long iron sword (+2 strength, +3 melee, eqipped)

you turn around with your bow ready

* you mean sword, right? *

"Hello Teser, what do you want?"
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Bio: Got tired of working at farm and decided to leave. Had alot of raw talent and trained to be a knight.
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee), long iron sword (+2 strength, +3 melee, eqipped)

you mean sword, right?

ya, sorry.

the man doesn't move, but responds to your question.
"its not what I want, its what Bolerac wants. he is the dragon at the bottom of this dungeon, and he has given be exact orders to capture anyone who enters this dungeon. I am in command of all operations beyond Bolerac's control. you escaped the room that you were being help captive in, which shows you have potential. you see, I am a spirit, an omnipresent spirit."
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

and he has given be exact orders

that be should be me. the sentence reads:

he is the dragon at the bottom of this dungeon, and he has given me exact orders to capture anyone who enters this dungeon.
rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (6 arrows [max 30], equipped)

I do the same as before, this time concentrating on the lizard's right eye, in hope that I can completely blind it.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (5 arrows [max 30], equipped)

you aim, again holding your breath and concentrating hard. however, your arrow bounces off its nose. it turns towards you slowly, its mouth completely thawed, and shrieks. you prepare for the worst, throwing your arms in front of your face. however, you hear a noise.
"Noooooooo!"
all of the sudden, you look to see Henry jump in front of you and take the black goo all over his body. he lands, falling to the ground without moving. suddenly, the lizard walks towards him and eats him whole.

so, Henry is now dead, eaten by the lizard. he sacrificed his life for you, because who knows what would have happened if he didn't. you can loot anything he had once the goo dissolves, unless Jarray does 1st. but there are other problems.

the lizard slowly backs away, rearing for another shot of goo, and hinges its mouth wide open.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------

"So why aren't you trying to capture me now?"

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------

"I cannot directly interact with the humanoid world, I am a spirit."

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

first off i thought you were supposed to update my char sheet?

second, is my inventory a backpack, fanny pack, purse, or something else?

Name:Zenil the second
visual description: 5"6, average waist. Not strong, but he is a geometry expert.
Bio: His father always told tales of how he was a criminal, so he took his dads advice and took to a life of thievery
class: archer
Gold: 0
------------
Strength:
Endurance:
Melee:
Ranged:
------------

I walk around the rows of chairs to search for something interesting.Then I listen for anything that might be threatening.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (5 arrows [max 30], equipped)

Before it can spray it goo again, I take out an arrow from my quiver and hold it like a knife in my hand. I rush up to the lizard and attempt to stab it in it's other eye with the arrow.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------

"Okay then, also you said I have potential, what exactly do I have potential for?"

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name:Zenil the second
visual description: 5"6, average waist. Not strong, but he is a geometry expert.
Bio: His father always told tales of how he was a criminal, so he took his dads advice and took to a life of thievery
class: archer
Gold: 0
------------
Strength:
Endurance:
Melee:
Ranged:
------------

first off i thought you were supposed to update my char sheet?

no its fine I have been waiting for you.

second, is my inventory a backpack, fanny pack, purse, or something else?

its a bear skin sack. that's what I say.

you get up and begin weaving through the 20 rows of chairs. they are everywhere, scattered throughout the room unorganized, but you can still see the rows. when you get to the large, wooden door you realize its barred shut from the other side. on the other side of the room, there Is pressure plate of some sort in the floor. keep in mind you have a rock and rope, for a reason.

------------
XP: 5/15
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (4 arrows [max 30], equipped)

you make an astonishing attempt to rush it and blind it by stabbing an arrow in its other eye. your idea succeeds, and you use its snout to grab and plunge the arrow into its right eye. it shrieks in pain like before, but slowly begins to stop moving. suddenly, it collapses, and its finally dead. you can loot it.
+10 XP
Jarray gains 5 XP, because his actions were much less heroic. but his character sheet isn't on this page so im not copy-pasting it.

you can loot it. its 1st come, 1st serve on the loot.

next...you leveled up.
1. you gain 3 stat points. put them in whatever skill you want.
2. becoming level 2, you can pick your specialization as an archer. you can be a long bowman, or a short bowman. being a short bowman, you use short bows or crossbows. as a long bowman, you get better accuracy at long range using long bows and compound bows.

------------
stats:
------------

"you have potential to get to the bottom of this dungeon, where the gold lies, as well as the dragon. but it will not be easy," he says.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
Magica: 22 (+10 from staff) (7 current)
------------
------------
spells:

I loot the lizard-man and Henry. I also ask if Sir Archene wants anything from the loot.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
XP: 5/15
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (4 arrows [max 30], equipped)

I agree with David and say we can half the loot from the lizard and Henry.

*Also, I gained a level. What does that do for me?*

Showing 166-180 of 355