ForumsForum GamesThe Dragon's Gold (Dungeon Crawler)

355 73991
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

so i was thinking yesterday that although my game take the castle is working as i would like, it is boring. although it keeps me busy with lots of things i must pay attention to, the players say "i raid" and sometimes "i buy 1 heavy infantry unit." so i have devised a new dungeon crawler game that i think any active forum participator will like. here is the intro- (this is a mid-evil era game)

One day, as you are sitting in your cottage, you hear a knock on your door. you go to answer it. standing there is a man in long purple cloaks (keep in mind that is the sign of royalty). you cannot see his face or any part of his body, as the cloak covers it all. he seems...friendly-ish, but before you can say anything he begins.
"Hello! my name is sir Acrobis of the Deminin family. i am here because i am looking for brave adventurers to help me forfill a quest...a very dangerous one. have you ever heard of the legendary dragon's gold?" you think for a moment, but you do not recall of it. "well legend has it that in a town very close to here a dragon has millions of pounds of gols stashed away in an underground safe...and i am trying to assemble a team to recover it. everyone participating splits the loot. Do you accept?" you say of course, beacuse you wont turn an offer like this one down. however, the following events are foggy.

Character Sheet:

Name:
visual description: (this will actually become important)
Bio: (can be blank. doesn't matter, but its a good idea anyway)
class: (below, pick one)
alignment: neutral (influenced by most everything)
------------
level: 1
XP: 0/10
health: 100/100
stats: ( base stats will be based on class, armor will factor in)
Strength:
Endurance:
Melee:
Ranged:
Magica: (the form of magic in this game)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope
party: N/A

take out everything in parenthesis

Rules:
1. i am the only one who determines outcomes of anything. you NEVER will say "i decapitate xyz monster and then run down a hall." instead, "i attempt to decaptiate xyz monster." big difference.
2. If/when you become in a party, battling will be different. i havent worked this out yet, but i can tell you this, if your not posting every 2 days, you may be subject to be taken out temporarily to permanently
3. godmodding is strictly forbidden
4. if you die, you are done. you may restart, but EVERYTHING you had will be destroyed.
5. arguing will NOT be tolerated

Notes:
1. observe EVERYTHING. one of the major functions in this game will be to observe the room. if you enter a room i will give you obvious things, but most everything important or even special you will have to take a turn and observe for.
2. every peice of armor will have stats, rarity, and resell value, because there will be AI vendors in this game
3. everyone is on the same map. i cannot stress this enough because its very important. i will sketch the map, and is possible to go into a room that has already been explored
4. enemies will, for the most part, scale to your level. but in some instances they may not. bosses will not present themselves to you obviously, and if your very weak i may say "dont not go in there unless you plan on dieing."
5. PvP is going to happen, unless you want to baby through the game and never hurt a soul.
6. everything you do in this game will factor towards your alignment. i will tell you what you are and inform you of changes.
7. XP will be gained by killing monsters. PvP kills will be worth TONS. leveling up increases base stats. i will tell you when you gain XP
8. I will always update your CS (character sheet), not you. there is a format i want it in, and it will be that way.

Classes:
(each class will get a weapon they start with, and different stats)
Knight:
starter weapon: short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee)
starting stats:
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Melee: 5
Ranged: 1
Magica: 0

archer:
starting weapon: short wooden bow (+1 strength, +2 ranged)
starter stats:
Strength: 2
Endurance: 2
Melee: 0
Ranged: 5
Magica: 1

Mage:
starter weapon: crude wooden staff (+5 magica)
starter stats:
Strength: 0
Ranged: 3
Magica: 5

it is important that you copy the stats that you get from you class onto your character sheet. then put your weapon in your inventory.

I hope you guys have fun with this! i will begin drawing the map on the 1st post.

• 355 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: Archene De'Night
visual description: Brown hair, green eyes, and stands at 5"11.
Bio: Bored with normal life, decides to go dungeon exploring! Is a hunter, so he knows how to use a bow.
class: Archer
alignment: neutral
gold: 50
------------
XP: 5/10
health: 90/100
stats:
Melee: 0 (+3 from arrows)
Ranged: 5 (+5 from bow)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (8 arrows [max 30], equipped)

you get behind one of the merchant stands.

by doing this, you now have to wait until Jarray posts. however, Jarray reconized you entered, so he can choose weather he will come after you or not.

Name: David Jones
visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
class: Thermiclerge
alignment: neutral good
Gold: 150
------------
level: 2
XP: 1/15
health: 80/100
stats:
Strength: 5 (+5 from helmet)
Endurance:2
Ranged:3
Magica: 22 (+10 from staff) (15 current)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 3 minor health potions, 2 magica potion, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (unlit), 2 enchantment crystals (rare)
party: Henry (lvl1, 0/10 XP, knight),
------------
spells:
small icicle (lvl1, 5 magica)
fire whisp (lvl1, hand magic)

you realize that the man who entered hid behind a merchant's stand.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 3 minor health potions, 2 magica potion, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (unlit), 2 enchantment crystals (rare)
------------
spells:

I ignore the man who entered for now, and I tell the man that myself and Henry are attempting to get a dragons treasure, hidden at the bottom of the dungeon. In fact, probaly most of the items from the bazaar are there. I tell the man if he joins us, he could use his share of the treasure to restore the bazaar, and hire some guards to make sure what happened the first time won't happen a second time. If he agrees, I shout at the man hiding behind a merchant's stand and ask why he's hiding when we know where he is.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Name: Alerand Al'Thor
visual description: Pale white, black hair, with a long black robe covering almost entirely his body.
Bio:
class: Mage
------------
stats:
Magica: 5
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, crude wooden staff (+5 magica, common.)

I take back my inventory and investigate the room I'm in.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:

"no...i will not join you...i must make sure nothing farther happens to this bazaar," the man says.
you then shout at the man behind the merchants stand, but he doesnt move.

now we are waiting for rychus.

visual description: Pale white, black hair, with a long black robe covering almost entirely his body.
Bio:
------------
stats:
Magica: 10 (+5 from staff)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, crude wooden staff (+5 magica, common, equipped)

you equip your staff.
your not in a room, your in a hallway going either left or right. choose which way you want to go.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:

I say that I respect that he must protect the bazaar, and ask for his name. After he responds, should he have no questions for me, I go up to the man behind the merchant stall and observe him.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:

"my name is Sir John Owens," he says.

you walk up behind the merchant stand to see a man crouching their. he obviously didnt want to be seen, but you found him anyway. he has a quiver with a bow and a few arrows. he stands up, but doesnt say anything.

rychus can respond to this how he wants.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Bio:
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, crude wooden staff (+5 magica, common, equipped)

I go right, and ready my staff. Also, since I'm a mage, shouldn't I know at least a magic spell?

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

yes, thats what i have been forgetting on your CS

Bio:
------------
stats:
------------
-----------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1, 5 magica)

i have updated that.

you continue down the hall, not finding anything interesting. you come to a 1 way turn going left. you take that hallway down until you see a door on your right. the hallway continues on, but you could enter the room, its your choice.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Bio: Bored with normal life, decides to go dungeon exploring! Is a hunter, so he knows how to use a bow.
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (8 arrows [max 30], equipped)

I pull an arrow from my quiver and knock it to the string, and point it at Jeray. I pull back the string, but do not fire it. "Don't step any closer."

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:

I step back, and ask him how things have been for him recently, in a friendly tone. I also tell Henry to kill this man if he shoots an arrow into me.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:

im ignoring rychus's post because this sequence of events.

Henry gets next to you, then draws his sword. your pretty much now waiting for Rychus again.
"I fancy you cant handle 2 at one time with a bow, my friend," Henry says.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------

I constantly point the arrow at Henry and Jeray, alternating to keep them both back. "What do you want?"

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
fire whisp (lvl1, hand magic

I tell him that I want to go to the bottom of this dungeon, which I believe has ten floors, to retrieve the dragon's treasure and complete the task I was assigned by a noble. Henry is here for the same reason, and we decided to team up. If you want, you can join us on our mission. If you don't want to join us, that is fine and we'll leave you to your buisness. If you insist on blocking our passage then I'll be forced to kill you.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------

I lower the bow. "I guess I'll join you."

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
*I don't need see why I would need to wait for you spike since right now it's basically pvp right now. I apologise if for some reason I should wait for you.*
I say okay, and that a while back the way I came there was a fork and I took the path that lead me here. If you want, we could backtrack and go back to it.

Showing 106-120 of 355