ForumsWEPRUnited States Government Shutdown

35 18131
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, so it's been a while since I have posted in WERP, so if I come off newbish or I say something weird it's because I have been detached from my logical/political/taking approximately 30 minutes to post one forum post state of mind for too long. Anyways, back to the subject at hand.

What are your thoughts about the United States Government Shutdown that began Oct. 1 of this year? Do you think it was the only option left or that someone was being unfair about government transactions?

Personally I think the Government Shutdown is not only unfair but completely unnecessary. Not only did the U.S consider going to war with Syria, which in itself was an idiotic idea, but then a couple of weeks later there is a shutdown. And all of this because of a disagreement.

Post what you think about this series of unfortunate events!

• 35 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

There's already a bunch (5 major and about 30 minor). Doesn't matter.

Overall I'm not sure how relevant those other parties are. Even out of the other three of the five major parties besides Democrats and Republicans, how many people would know the names of those parties or even that they exist? The only other one someone might get is the Libertarians.

When we really come down to it we are essentially operating on a two party system. We would either need to give the other parties more equal footing to the Dems/Reps or do away with the parties.
I personally like the idea of having no parties, but that might be hard to implement in the current environment. We would be more likely to prop up at least one more party. Though the way things are going the Republican party might end up dying with another party filling the gap.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

There's already a bunch (5 major and about 30 minor). Doesn't matter.

yea like any of those parties are getting votes when literally every american concentrates on just 2..
and the votes they do get are entirely useless and could just aswell have not been voted. no matter how you wanna turn it. on paper it might be more but in reality there are just 2. blame it on the media, blame it on the costs. it doesn't matter. if those reasons were really holding it back then why isn't it holding back parties in other countries?
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

if those reasons were really holding it back then why isn't it holding back parties in other countries?

Maybe because Americans are too conservative/blind/content/stupid to create or vote for a new party?
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Our Democratic-Republic would still be intact, just not our Democrats and Republicans.

Bah, Democratic Republic is a euphemism for communist dictatorship.
Showing 31-34 of 35