ForumsNews and FeedbackLife would be easier with NOTIFACATIONS

10 4385
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The problem I find with leaving comments on the profiles of other users is that there's no notification telling them someone left a comment on there profile, and they may not even check there profile for weeks.

• 10 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

If they never look at them, I'd assume they don't care for such comments

If the option is ever introduced, I do hope it will come with the option to turn it off.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

step one: click scroll down menu of your name
step two: click edit profile
step three: enable comment notifications.

Can't believe you guys never noticed it before.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Ah (doh), for profile comments, now that you mention.

How jolly simple

hezdog
hezdog
151 posts
Peasant

I would love to have this option, as well as a chat function.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Well, aren't the forums good enough for chat? Though, I suppose the 30 second limit could be a drag.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

step one: click scroll down menu of your name
step two: click edit profile
step three: enable comment notifications.

I was more thinking about a on-site notification.
Say they don't check there email for weeks either?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Well, they should technically leave the reply on your profile. Makes it easier.

legolover12
legolover12
76 posts
Peasant

I think there should be a completely online chat,like Newgrounds has. Even though its a bit laggy to slower CPUs,it would be a great way to discuss things in real time,instead of waiting for ever to wait someone to reply to your comment on a thread.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

I was more thinking about a on-site notification.
Say they don't check there email for weeks either?

It called using tabs. Open the email address associated with you account in a tab. That way you can see whenever you get an email.
As for the second part? Why associate any account you use with an email address you don't check. That likes telling the mailman to deliver all your mail to a relative's house you don't visit often.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Why associate any account you use with an email address you don't check.

Point taken. Yes that could be a possibility, but with something in the system, it takes up 0 time from any admins/mods so the "mailman" is incorrect. Also so what if you get the messages and you don't check it? Who does it harm? Right now if someone has a non-active account and email, then nothing happens. This would still be the same, But if they had an active email but not account they would be like, [quote]Oh thats my friend waiting for my relpy!" So they would BECOME more active.
I know you will probably say, well what if people don't want the emails, then give them a "no notification" setting!
Showing 1-10 of 10