ForumsNews and FeedbackArmor Games Tags Launched!

32 20966
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Hey everybody, we've launched a new navigation we're super excited about. Take a look and give us your thoughts/feedback. Also notice our brand new tag section, and let us know what you think. We plan on growing it to be far larger then it is already - so stay tuned!

• 32 Replies
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Looks very great (as long as the new top bar changes... great look)!

Lit "but"... i think some games may need more tag(s), one example:

Cursed Treasure 2 isnt listed in TDs

So how about a thread where we can report missing tags?
This may cause some discussions, but i think its worth it.

Which i would also like would be more than 10 games per site.

But beyond this: great, specially the new black background on the "user-pull-down-menu" is looking way better than the old white one.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

1) its great and I like it, but I think the top links (mmo, mobile, action . . .) should link to the tags instead of the old pages.

~~~Darth Caedus

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Looks snazzy. I like it.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Does anyone else think some of the tags aren't needed? Examples: Cute, Horse, Cooking.

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

^^ Agree. I mean, how many horse games are there?

But, uh, I was, uh... looking around and noticed the "developer" tag thing. I clicked it and saw there was a "request developer status" button.
I think you know where this is going. It was a really nice button.

So I clicked it for the sake of clicking the big blue button, expecting a "why do you think you are qualified" test thing. Nope.
It just said "you'll be sent an email when status is updated" or something.

Now, I think it would be awesome to make games, but uh, well, I don't so...

yeah. It was an accident.

Site's looking great though.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I think it all looks great. I especially like the new quest button. Finally streamlined with the rest of the buttons and it highlights when you hover over it.

I saw earlier today a link in the quest button drop down that said, "games with quests" I hope this is implemented. Would be very helpful in finding the games with quests.

Tag system seems nice. I'm liking this update!

1) its great and I like it, but I think the top links (mmo, mobile, action . . .) should link to the tags instead of the old pages.

I have to disagree. Those main categories are highly useful. Loosing them to the other tags would be frustrating.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

One additional suggestion. I like the all category that shows all the tags, but it now replaces the all category that had shown all the games in a similar way to the strategy, arcade, and other categories. It would be cool to see the original all category come back.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Change colors... Colors are bad!

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

As ferret is saying that more things are to be added.I can not wait!

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Another thing comes in my mind:

As long as there is no Tag-filed on the front this new system will not reach the whole bunch of users.
Just to spread it a lil bit more its maybe good to change the "More"-category in the green bar to "Tags"?

Alpha900i
Alpha900i
160 posts
King

Quest tags looks ... strange. Why "Ragdoll Achievment 2" "Finish Him" tagged as "Space" and "Old-School"? Why "Cactus McCoy 2" "Purchasing Power" is "Logic" and "Memory"? Why quests disappeared from those-place-under-game screen in MMOs (Dawn of the Dragons, Last Stand)?

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we are ironing out some bugs still!

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Welcome back Matt!

No worries about clicking the developer button, we have to approve ya.

Thanks for the feedback about the "All" category

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

It's great that we have tags now! I had been waiting for a 'tags'-related page for ages...ages.

The community has been getting much better recently. I would like to propose a toast to the ArmorGames Administrators.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks OperationNilo.

Showing 1-15 of 32