Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Short Horror Stories

Posted Jan 8, '14 at 1:11pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

869 posts

It was a dark and windy friday evening. Louisa and Gerald were upstairs in the dark on their computers. The click click sound of the mouse as they browsed Armor Games, whilst outside the wind howled, trees creaked and crows crowed...when all of a sudden a ZAP...and the WiFi, cut, out, forever...

Posted Jan 8, '14 at 4:48pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

802 posts

Oh oh I know this one;
And then they felt an erie Cold coming closer and were touched by a hand, a very cold hand, almost... A CLAW

Posted Jan 8, '14 at 11:48pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

...and the WiFi, cut, out, forever...

OHHH MY GODD The horror! DDDD; Get the LAN Cable! Get the LAN Cable!!

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 12:57am

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

6,253 posts

DoGz aRnT tHE oNLy tHinG thAt CAn LIcK haNDS....

Plot twist, she has a cat.

My scurry story-

A faint mellow glow from Dylan's flickering lamp was the only thing straining to keep the book he was reading just barely readable. In his small bedroom, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of his antique blue clock ticking and his faint breathing, along with the sound of page turning every now and then. Though he kept busy, his mind was not at all engrossed in the read. It was just something to keep him awake, to keep busy. It was just five days ago that he started hearing whispering within the walls and beneath the old wooden floorboards.

It's been happening ever since he moved into the new house, which his parents had gotten for a price that could be considered stealing. He didn't know why the price was so low, but it didn't matter much at the time anyways so he didn't probe into it. Dylan just simple thought and joked, 'Maybe there's a rat infestation or something?', which he thought was confirmed when he was woken up by strange soft sounds originating from the walls. But in the next day, they got louder. And again in the next, until he could even discern a few words like 'your doom tonight...' or 'down your spine...', which created cold sweat whenever he thought about it. Dylan brought it up with his family on the third day, to which they replied with a puzzled look, "What sounds?"

After four days, whenever he was alone in his room and wind poured and banged on his windows outside, he could hear footsteps outside of his bedroom door and intense rattling along with it. He felt piercing stares in the darkness and the whispering walls were loud enough to make it seem as though someone was breathing down Dylan's neck as he slept. Dylan tried softly humming a cheerful song, but had to pause every now and then to swallow the built up saliva, which was accompanied by shutting his eyes tighter and tighter each time. He heard his door creak open ever so slowly and something entered it, to which Dylan tried to ignore and feigned that he was asleep. However, the rattling abruptly stopped after that, and Dylan, who had gone without sleeping the whole night, searched his room at sunrise for what had entered. However, there was no sign of anything. At all.

Now it was the fifth day, and Dylan was on edge. In the dead silence, Dylan's ears were open to detect any and all sounds. His heart was beating like a drum that could've echoed throughout the house. The floor was occasionally creaking by themselves, as if some apparition was walking. There was no rattling, no whispering, nothing but the monotone ticking of the clock and Dylan's beating heart, assuring him that he was still alive. He waited and waited throughout the night, expending much of his energy trying to stay awake in the loud silence. He looked at the time. "2:10 AM..." Dylan said to himself. Young bags were forming under his bloodshot eyes and he was yawning more than he could concentrate to read now. "Only a few minutes..." he mumbled to himself before drifting off to take a light nap.

He was jolted awake by the sounds of rattling and knocking on his bedroom door, accompanied by the whispering he heard all those nights before. The lamp was strangely off, and after a few moments of fiddling with the switch, he cursed to himself, realizing that the light bulb had died. The door knob was being handled roughly, but unable to be open due to the lock Dylan had put on his door as a precaution. He swallowed his saliva and wiped off the sweat from his eyes with his sleeve, before calling out with a strained voice "W-Who is it?!?". Like an orchestra, all of the sounds came to a sudden stop, and after what felt like a millennium, there was just a simple knock on the door.

Dylan slowly rolled off his bed and walked towards the door, each step activating the harmonious floorboard creaks. He faced the door, heavily breathing and heart about to jump from his chest, when he unlocked the door and slowly opened it while shutting his eyes tightly...

AND A SPOOKY SPOOKY SKELETON POPPED OUT! BOO!

------------

Footnote-
Yes, my story was supposed to have an anticlimactic ending. That was the point, if you didn't get it. And sorry if I disappointed you with that kind of ending, if you really wanted a bone chilling (huehuehue puns) campfire story. But eh, I couldn't let the opportunity get away. Hope this made you laugh as much as it made me while writing. Cheers.

~Sir Riptizoid101

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 2:22am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Awwww mannn I was so into the story too! ****. Nice job though I liked it and I did laugh at the end xD

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 4:02am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,839 posts

DEAR GOD WHAT THE HELL RIP?!?!?!?1 SERIOUSLY LIKE SOME KIND OF WARNING MAYBE BEFORE SCARING SOMEONE LIKE THAT?!?!?!

Great no sleep for me tonight this is awesome.

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 7:41am

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

802 posts

DoGz aRnT tHE oNLy tHinG thAt CAn LIcK haNDS....

Accually I heard that story so I did not MAKE it (just to be clear)
So we want original made by you? OK...

Once there was a kid he had 3 snow days and on the day he was to go back to shcool he.... Died.

~~Black~~

Reply to Short Horror Stories

You must be logged in to post a reply!