ForumsGamesHearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

20 9232
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Hearthstone is a new (and as of creating this thread in beta) card collecting game by Blizzard. Set in the World of Warcraft universe, you collect cards and battle others as a one of nine hero classes. Choose between warlock, warrior, hunter, rogue, priest, druid, paladin, shaman and wizard. Each one has special cards available to just that class along with access to neutral cards that can be used by each class.

It's free to play with an option to buy packs of cards for real money. If you decide to play without paying in money (like myself), don't worry about being left in the dust. Playing and winning matches nets you gold to buy packs. Also, there are daily quests that you can complete to net even more gold. Besides! It's not just about the cards you have! If you build a solid deck and use strategy you'll be a challenge to all you battle.

I recently just got into Beta and, I'll tell you what, I'm having a blast. I'm not big into the lore or universe of Warcraft yet that doesn't deter me in the least. Each match only lasts about five to ten minutes, although this can vary depending on who you are playing and how your play. As such, it's great to either squeeze in a couple of games when you have time or spend hours playing loads of matches.
The learning curve isn't too steep. After the in-game tutorial and practice matches I had a fairly solid grasp of the game mechanics. Regardless of your skill level, you are always going to be placed against someone of your own skill level. It's rare to play against someone way above or below you. This leads to each match being a battle to the end without a clear winner in sight until the finishing blow lands.

So has anyone been following this game or gotten into beta? If so, what are your thoughts about Hearthstone? Even if you haven't heard about the games before, check the link I've provided to read up on it then post your opinion! I'm looking forward to seeing what people have to say.

P.S:
If you already are in beta, my name in-game is Devoidless. Big surprise, huh?

• 20 Replies
JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

JACKinbiglet is me. Doesn't have enough characters to use my usual name.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@JACKinbigletters

Battle.net uses battletags for friendships like these, since names are not unique just having it is not enough.

EDIT: HOLY COW AN EDIT BUTTON WOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

~~~Darth Caedus

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I haven't played in forever. Last time I played Ferret killed me.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I haven't played in forever. Last time I played Ferret killed me.

Lol, same thing happened to me when I played him.

~~~Darth Caedus
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Has anyone else noticed that Dropkick Murphys song I'm Shipping Up to Boston, bears a strong resemblance to the Hearthstone main menu song? Or is it just me?

Showing 16-20 of 20