ForumsArt, Music, and WritingNaNoWriMo 2013

18 9727
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's like right now for some people, but it's not like anyone here completes it right? What are your plans?

• 18 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm going to write two sentences but then give up because it's hard.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,523 posts
Farmer

Day one completed

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab189/Nurvana/Unknown-3.jpeg

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

I would like to write a collaborative novel in a fantasy or sci fi setting...

The plan is to do it on a character basis after developing a setting with the other writers...dunno if such things are allowed in NaNoWriMo

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I already got a solid enough idea. Will begin writing tomorrow.

Good luck, fellow writers, and may the odds be ever in your favour.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I'd like to do it.
Except I have four multichapter stories that haven't been updated for a month, with the exception of the collab, and I HAZ NO TIME FO YO NANOWRIMO KTHXBAI

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Wait.... what is NaNoWriMo?

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Oh jeez.
Challenge accepted.... are the lovely people of AG going to post their novel attempts (On this thread)?

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Since a novel has to be at least 50,000 words, this thread would get very long...

Oh yeah, good point.... I don't think a novel really has to have a concrete number of words. Of Mice and Men doesn't even hit 30,000 words.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm at 2000 words but I'll never post it anywhere. I'll probably get tired of it at the 10k mark.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I'm at 2000 words but I'll never post it anywhere. I'll probably get tired of it at the 10k mark.

*scoff*
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Of Mice and Men doesn't even hit 30,000 words.

Of Mice and Men is a novella, not a novel.
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Of Mice and Men is a novella, not a novel.

You just pwned me.

I started the challenge last night, and I think I'm somewhere at the 1000 word mark. For personal uses, I might extend the challenge to Dec. , since that would be 1 month from when I started, but If I can somehow manage to hit the big 50k before that (heck if I meet novella standards, Ill be ecstatic) I'll be one happy guy.
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I did this last year and did manage to hit the 50k mark, and I am/will be attempting to finish again this year, but I'm not sure if my schedule will allow at the moment. Time will tell how far I get I guess....

MysticalPhantom
MysticalPhantom
5 posts
Shepherd

16k... well, i'm hanging in there

and yeah, a novel doesn't really have a set amount of words it needs to follow, NaNo is mostly just mostly just incentive for the person attempting it to get off their bum and start writing. As a reward, you get an online sticker or something.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Hello.
I'm at 19k words. But because of games, especially Team Fortress 2, I always stray away from writing my novel.
((((((

Showing 1-15 of 18