ForumsThe TavernWeapon Talk: Railguns And Coilguns

9 2357
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

What if railguns and coilguns are used in combat today, what would happen?
Post opinions to find out.

• 9 Replies
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Why are you so obsessed with railguns? Nothing much would happen, because there wouldn't be the power for them.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I bet they are, but the governments of Earth must be hiding them.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Nerdsoft, I really don't know.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Why are you so obsessed with railguns? Nothing much would happen, because there wouldn't be the power for them.

I failed to mention your being negative, Nerdsoft. This man just asked a question, no reason for those sorts of comments.

I bet they are, but the governments of Earth must be hiding them.

You're always right, Nilo.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

uhuh

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Anyways, they'd be kinda cool if it weren't for the fact that they're shooting people. Perhaps if we fought against robots.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Like in the Terminator trilogy

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Anyways, they'd be kinda cool if it weren't for the fact that they're shooting people. Perhaps if we fought against robots.

I have a feeling that's how wars will be fought in the near future. Drones are the first step, and robots are just about a decade from being perfected. I think robotic suits will come first however, with a human inside an impenetrable titanium shell controlled by a computer - Or something along those lines. As Roy mentioned, like the Terminator trilogy (They even created a plastic that can automatically repair itself recently).
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

In truth, I hate all these new developments. Especially those that rendered battleships obsolete.

Showing 1-9 of 9