ForumsThe TavernAn Apology to Ivanxxxxxxx...

16 13772
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Recently there was a thread that asked for a vote to make Ivan a moderator.

Now, as most know, there is not (nor will there likely ever be) a way for users to vote for moderators for many reasons - but unfortunately this thread seriously hurt Ivan's feelings. And that's understandable, since Ivan has done a lot for the Armor Game's community - it would have been better that the thread be closed then for us to pretend we didn't see the Question.

I count myself among the offenders, and Ivan felt ridiculed by the thread as a bad joke on his behalf. So I'm posting this to apologize for being a part of it. I enjoy having him a part of this community, and wish to see him stay. I hope everybody else feels the same way.

• 16 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I agree completely and want to take a share in the blame here... there's nothing that can justify the mocking of a user and this is what has happened, despite suppositely good intentions.

I hope he can accept my apologies and stay as the active member of this website that he was...

Even though words may be thought of as mere words, they can hurt someone unnecessarily and cause effects that may have not been intended, but happen nontheless.

I hope we all learned a wise lesson from this stupid incident and think before we say something in the future. I know I have learned a valuable lesson here.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

No comment.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I hereby give Ivan the permission to join the Salvidianites, should be wish, as compensation for my eradic and outright ridiculous behavior.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I shan't be apologizing.

1) It should be noted that the thread was against the rules to begin with..and should have been closed upon being noticed. I personally saw a few users go to mods and let them know, but the thread was not closed.
1-a) I will say, I am actually proud of us on AG. We see a thread that should die/close, and turn it into something. We have fun with each other, and act like the family we are.

2) No harm was done towards Ivan. No one made fun of Ivan, ridiculed him in any way, or said anything hurtful towards him. If ANYTHING, the only thing ridiculed was the thread that was breaking the rules.
2-a) To be honest, I'm confused as to why he would be offended. Plenty of people responded to a thread in which the central topic was him. The only thing I could see one being offended about would be that it didn't stay on the topic of making him a mod..which I would surely hope not. Of course, that is just me.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

We have fun with each other, and act like the family we are.

Yay.

I don't actually think anyone was talking about Ivan in the thread except for the OP maker. It was more of just a fun discussion type deal.
But if I offended you Ivan, sorra.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Bye Ivan. I hope that thread isn't why you're leaving. No one thinks any different of you because some fan of yours expressed their love.

Again, bye. Keep on painting and good luck.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I took a look at the thread. To be honest, nobody really said anything to Ivan directly, or even said anything bad in general. Seemed like a good old fashioned spam fest, if I ever saw one. Ivan also seemed to take it well, simply saying that he would like the thread closed. Unless things were said on profile comments, then I see no reason for Ivan to be upset.
That said, I wish to offer my condolences if Ivan was hurt in any way. If Ivan sees this thread: Please don't leave the community, (it's already pretty small, but that's beside the point), you have provided so much for the forums. I especially enjoy your drawings, you have real talent. We've never really talked, but you seem like a friendly fellow. Leaving the community would leave a giant hole that could never be filled by anyone else.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Why is he offended? Seriously, he is gonna leave the community just like that? Well, if you leave. It'd be just harm.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I hardly contributed to the thread but I'm sorry too... but that is completely unacceptable! I am appalled! Startled! Befuddled! I am... mad! (I'm running out of words people help me)

Anyways, I thought it was common knowledge that you can't "vote" per se on who becomes mod. Isn't it listed in the rules of commenting somewhere?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

and act like the family we are.

Speaking of which, Have you ever considered updating it?

[quote=pang]our community, it is like a family. We talk about issues going on after getting back from school and work (support, news)..we spend family time together in the living room (popular media, video games), we goof off in the backyard (Forum Games), Argue during dinner (WEPR), read each others' diaries (AMW), and then just have our general randomness (Tavern).

And just look around...you can't deny that we really are a family.
-We have a uncle who is already ready to help, and always with a smile on his face (ModDayCee)
-A grandpa who doesn't understand why the younglings find certain things funny (Patrick)
-A fitness-obsessed cousin/brother (GOM)
-A Yankee lovin' brother who will cheer as loud as he can when something good happens with the Yanks, and has his room decked out in their gear (pick)
-A twitchy cousin who talks to himself in the corner (AceofSky)
-An uncle who, even when he doesn't do much, you still think is oh so cool (Ernie)
-A pet buny (jeol)
-The lil brother who seems to be goin through a &quothase"..in this instance it is speaking 3rd person (killersup)
-A pet Ferret you talk to for comfort when you need help (Ferret)
-The lil brother that just found out about star wars and dresses up and acts like the characters all the time (Darth Ca...er...Jacen)
-The lil ones who we love for how they can act, despite how we'd be annoyed if it was someone else acting so (R2D2 and Manly)
-A grandpa and 2 uncles that always seem to be prepared for a debate at any time..and are unbeatable (Mage, nich, & Kasic)
-The twins...who are both very similar but at the same time very different (Sal and pang)[/quote]

I am sure there are people who you can add/remove.

~~~Darth Caedus
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

No harm was done towards Ivan.

Allow me to rephrase, No harm was intended towards Ivan, but apparently harm was done to him otherwise he wouldn't be offended.

To be honest, I'm confused as to why he would be offended.

That's not our place to find out why. Everybody has feelings, and obviously Ivans were hurt. This is not the place to drag that up right now.
-

I didn't contribute to the thread at all, since I didn't want to support breaking of the rules, but I'm offering my apologies as well. Since we are, in a way, a family on AG, care should be taken not to take jokes too far. You can't forget that we are still people with feelings, and those feelings should be respected. While it may have seemed funny at the time, you have to remember that someone is on the end of the joke, and apparently Ivan wasn't the best candidate. From what I gathered, Ivan appeared to not want to be the center of attention, or at the middle of an obvious violation of the rules, and those of you who don't see why he would be offended or hurt obviously have never been in that position before.

Again, my apologies to Ivan. While I never really got to know him that well, it's a shame that something like this "joke" almost drove someone away. I'm very surprised that we would do this to a fellow AG user. It's a real shame.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

You can't forget that we are still people with feelings,

Wait..you mean you all are actually real?
Ohhh man

you have to remember that someone is on the end of the joke

Wasn't a person...was the idea of voting for a mod.

or at the middle of an obvious violation of the rules

Again, should be noted that such a violation was in fact dealt with properly..but the proper actions were not taken.

and those of you who don't see why he would be offended or hurt obviously have never been in that position before.

cough
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

... and those of you who don't see why he would be offended or hurt obviously have never been in that position before.

Yes, being a mod I have no idea what is is like to have a thread dedicated to just you. Nor do I know what it feels like to have aforementioned thread contain nothing but vitriol, abuse and offensive imagery.
Or to be voted off as a mod because everyone apparently despises the air you breathe.
Gosh, I wouldn't be here if any of that happened to me once let alone several times.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Why are people still talking about this? Why can't we just let it go? It wouldn't even be an issue if we'd just forget about it.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Why are people still talking about this? Why can't we just let it go? It wouldn't even be an issue if we'd just forget about it.

True, there is mostly nothing to stop it, so every post now is mostly no point. Anyway, goodbye.
Showing 1-15 of 16