Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → ArmorGames' Armatar Contest: THANKSGIVING!!
Now that everyone has shaken off the fright and is enjoying their brand new Armatars, GREAT job there everyone!, we are looking forward to the next event on our calendar... again, do not forget to claim your deserved Merit if you submitted a chosen entry!
Remember to check in and comment on my profile and claim your well deserved reward!! =)
Moving on... next up is an annual worldwide event that is celebrated with food, and I mean lotsa foodh! Omnomnom... when the leaves start falling, put on that Pilgrim's hat, grab y'er Turkey and start thinking of all that wonderful art you can now submit for the next ArmorGames' Armatar Contest Edition:
What will your creative minds come up with?! A smiling Pilgrim? A nice little pumpkin? A beautiful Autumn scenery? A deliciously filled Cornucopia Basket - the "Horn of Plenty"? Some savoury corn on the cob? Or will you settle for that good old winner of a Turkey?! Well, before you start drawing, make sure to read the...
# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :
1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
~ Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this is probably not a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a mod or admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.
Like the previous Edition, the contest will remain open past the date of Thanksgiving, just to make sure there is enough time for you to enter your artwork! Closing date will be announced whenever it's time...
Allright! Let's soak up that fresh Autumn breeze, be inspired by the colorful leaves falling, ask your mum to bake you a nice sweet pie (for reference of course... heheh...) and oh... what exactly did a Turkey look like again? Hmmm...
Be inspired! Be creative! Amaze us! Gobble gobble! Have fun! =)