ForumsPopular MediaAny Ben Folds Lovers?

7 4741
Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Although I attend a high school of several thousand students, I have a hard time finding those who have a love for Ben Folds, and similar artists.
So my question is, if any of the people in the lovely community of AG like his musical style. What is your favorite song, if so?

• 7 Replies
Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

His style is unusual, I'll give it that!

Maybe you could share a few of your favorite Ben Folds tracks to show those of us who are just hearing of him for the first time what we've been missing all these years? =)

Erabor
Erabor
274 posts
Nomad

Well, Ben Folds is very musically gifted.
Some notable tracks include
'Landed', by Ben Folds
'Philosophy', by Ben Folds Five (the band he was in before going solo)
'The Luckiest', by Ben Folds

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

All three are great tracks! I'll provide links to them so others may be more inclined to listen...

"Landed"
"Philosophy"
"The Luckiest"

Thank you for introducing me to this artist! I'm sure I heard him on the radio back in his earlier days, but I was much too young to appreciate it then! =P

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I feel like I have heard him before... Does he normally play on the radio? The more I listen, the more I recognize him. Very baffling.

Aha! I heard his song 'Red Is Blue' from a movie!!! I don't remember the movie, but it's a relief knowing that I won't have to dig through the back of my mind all night to find out how I knew him.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I love him as a pianist, but I can't get excited about his lyrics and melodies. For me, they just don't go anywhere.

His voice is interesting as well. The whole "not trying to sound like I'm singing" thing actually sort of works for him.

He's obviously a great musician, but I can't get into any of his music.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i dont know much about this ben guy, but if he were to fold my clothes i might get to know him some

Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

He sounds like someone who would have a track on every sad movie soundtrack. Does he have anything that's not depressing ?

Showing 1-7 of 7