Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

YouTube comments and Google+

Posted Nov 15, '13 at 7:10pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,425 posts

Knight

Is it just me or has the "likes" bar turned from green to blue?

Posted Nov 15, '13 at 7:21pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

6,812 posts

@Ernie
Yes it has. Why they would do that who knows lol...

Posted Nov 16, '13 at 5:08am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,823 posts

I noticed it as well..my guess would be to match the G+ favicon, as some random user in some random forum puts it.

Posted Nov 22, '13 at 9:37pm

Charlie506

Charlie506

1,318 posts

bob has decided that nuclear
â»/ / \\ weapons are the only way to fix youtube.
/â- |â¢| Copy and Paste this all over youtube
/ \\ //||\\\\ to completely obliterate Google+

Posted Nov 23, '13 at 3:58pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

7,280 posts

Not that again....BAD CHAZ.

My opinion on this whole thing is that it's really, really stupid. I've managed to keep my G+ account away from my YouTube account, but now I have five or six G+ accounts for it somehow that are all giving me notifications whenever someone replies to me. Plus, I honestly don't care what my friends watch on YouTube, or what people I don't know that are in my circles for some reason watch on YouTube, or what celebrities watch on YouTube and what they say and G+ was a stupid idea anyway. And now they've made it worse by taking a perfectly good thing and stabbing it with a horrendously stupid thing.
I enjoy being anonymous on the internet, but if things want me to splash my name over everything I do then I'll have to change my Gmail name to something stupid again, like 'Turtle Square' (which used to be my name until I changed it to my actual one before G+ came into being.). And now G+ doesn't even let you have stupid fake names because they want everyone to be stalked by the NSA. Thanks, Google.

Posted Nov 24, '13 at 7:26pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,142 posts

:::::::::/â»/â»/â»/︻â¦â¤â"
â-â-â-... /â- /â- /â- /â- â-â-â-...â-â- World War lll has begun! Help Bob in the war
Iâ-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-â-] against Google+! Copy & Paste
â-¥ââ-²ââ-²ââ-²ââ-²ââ-²ââ-²ââ-¤
YouTube is not lost, together we can change it!
JOIN THE REVOLUTION NOW

Its the only way.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 24, '13 at 7:27pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,142 posts

Whatever, that was supposed to be a bmp.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Nov 25, '13 at 4:54am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

So now you need a Google+ account to sign up for YouTube, eh? A sneaky move on Google's part... =/

In my case, I don't see myself ever having a YouTube account, since I don't have any reason to post videos of anything online... and commenting on YouTube videos has always seemed useless to me anyway--I don't even read them!--so to me personally, this whole matter is pretty unimportant. However, with Google taking over everything these days, I'm almost afraid to see what our everyday lives will be like in 5 years!

Posted Dec 6, '13 at 2:36am

metalplastic

metalplastic

191 posts

I don't like it. But I still watch videos on youtube.

Posted Dec 6, '13 at 5:28am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,485 posts

So now you need a Google+ account to sign up for YouTube, eh? A sneaky move on Google's part... =/

I'm pretty sure their plan is to make video access pay-for if you don't have a free account. That would make the most sense if their goal is to get people to join.

I'm almost afraid to see what our everyday lives will be like in 5 years!

I'm pretty sure every generation has said that about the future. The future is an unknown, thus often feared, leading to distrust/dislike of new things. Sometimes it's irrational (ex: jazz being considered lewd, then people from the jazz age considering rock and roll as the new bad) and sometimes it's justified (ex: weapons of war). Technology will always be a tool with positive and negative consequences (ex: the cell phone: great for contacting support in emergencies, or just for chatting; chatting at the wrong time, like while operating heavy machinery, can lead to emergencies). Usually whatever shines the brightest tends to take off. But the good thing about the free market is that if the people dislike what Google is doing, they can take their business elsewhere and use/make something better, forcing Google to perhaps take a step back.

Reply to YouTube comments and Google+

You must be logged in to post a reply!