ForumsNews and FeedbackAdobe Flash Player does it again -- or is it just me?

3 3813
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Looks like Adobe's Flash player thought of something neat again (i.e., probably bumbled up in a major way):

I was just trying to download their latest update from their site. Looks like this wants to download McAfee Security Scan while you're at it; then deleting the latter, it looks like the update gets deleted, along with it.

Hmm. It may very well be something I'm overlooking at my end, although I did try twice just now, with the same results. Nor then did I see any obvious way to skip the McAfee download.

Strangely, I'm pretty sure it did just the other day automatically install no problem on another box I maintain, so I guess I'll wait for that to happen on this one, one of these days. Or quite possibly rebooting this box & trying again might do the trick, but then hey I was just a-foruming.

Any others run into this issue?

• 3 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps Nb Never mind then, I guess that FP update remained hanging somewhere in temp universe & has now somehow automagically installed itself, after all.

MacAfee meanwhile hasn't been seen nor heard of since. Over & out.

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

On the download page there should be a checkbox where you can disable the McAfee security crap.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Yeh, thanks, I know.

But either way, either I had poop in my eyes or it wasn't there. Anyhows looks like I was crying wolf too soon, so nothing to see here

Showing 1-3 of 3