ForumsProgramming ForumHow to Create and Publish Your own Game

22 26763
Frankdoppler
Frankdoppler
2 posts
Nomad

Tell what you know about creating and publishing online games .

• 22 Replies
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Well I have created projects many times now but another problem for me at this point is either finding the time for this stuff, being motivated (I program all day long school work, portfolio and this You get tired might quick) and just finishing stuff I started. I probably have gone through a dozen projects that I just never end up finishing. Though I am trying to finish the latest one I have started (an amorphous clone because hey the original creator isn't dong anything I might as well).

Yeah mini games are different from larger games. You can create a mini-games in a single external class and not be lost in hundreds of lines of code but with larger ones it just doesn't make sense to make it a single class since each class could have hundreds of lines of code and there is no way you would make head or trails if it was just shoved into one class.

The simplest way to look at it is look at the game you want. Figure out the objects you have player, enemy, bullets and whatever external libraries you are using and write the main loop of the game without writing the classes yet. Once you have that done to simple point where it would be easy to test you write the other classes test those out. Then you run the simple game you have and Viola a start. Now if you haven't changed your design much you just add to the game (the fun part) since at this point you have something you are just making it better.

Austin4606
Austin4606
12 posts
Nomad

Publishing the game and "getting it off the ground" is probably the hardest for me so far.

Jenny08382
Jenny08382
1 posts
Nomad

idk how to do it do you have to be in university college or an appropriate age to do it? i really wanna create a game but is there any easy ways to create it?

coolie01
coolie01
1 posts
Nomad

So you want to learn how to make a game?

I suggest first going to codecademy.com and learn Javascript and Python, both of which can be used in programming games.

Afterwards, I suggest learning C or C++, as they are main game creating languages.
Not sure where you can learn them though.

After that, I suppose you can start programming it.
Also, I suggest asking a friend who's an artist, or hiring someone to make art if you aren't a good artist yourself.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
249 posts
Nomad

Python is good for learning programming fundamentals, but not so much for actually making games. Most Python games require Python installed on the computer as well (which limits you to Mac and Linux mostly).

If you want to make a game like on Armor Games, start with learning Python, then learn ActionScript 3. Alternatively, you can use Stencyl, but you'll find yourself limited in what you can do with Stencyl.

Hamza_2806
Hamza_2806
1 posts
Peasant

tell me ho to create and publish your own game

TheAngelOfWar
TheAngelOfWar
206 posts
Nomad

Learning how to code isn't that hard... its really a matter of how long you can stare at a computer screen with a tutorial that seems endless. If you can't get a class then that would be your best bet. Or you can team up.

Showing 16-22 of 22