ForumsGamesLegend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds

22 21179
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

On Friday, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was released. I purchased it late in the evening and have just now completed it.

Sadly, I have not yet played LoZ: A Link To The Past. This game takes place in the same world and is supposed to be a nostalgic trip for those who have. But you don't need to play A Link To The Past to enjoy this game.

LBW follows the basic LoZ formula. You play as a chap in green clothes fighting his way through numerous dungeons collecting important items to defeat the final baddie. Unlike most other LoZ games, most of the dungeons can be completed in whichever order you want - which is reminiscent to the original LoZ game released for the NES.

While playing LBW, you might feel like Nintendo is going overboard with coin collecting - or in this case, rupee gathering. You'll find yourself gathering hundreds of rupees between quests. But, unlike most other LoZ games, those rupees won't be gathering dust in your pocket. For the first time while playing Legend of Zelda, rupees actually played a pretty big role in the game. I actually found myself short on rupees numerous times. But, being short on rupees isn't a problem - as you can progress without spending a single one if you really wanted to (as far as I'm aware).

Lastly, there's the ending. It's good.

So who else bought this game? How much did you enjoy it?

• 22 Replies
Showing 31-30 of 22