ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. 4

293 119272
GavinRox
GavinRox
50 posts
Jester

Anybody else excited? I really like these games, but the only thing that pisses me off is the new characters, and those getting deleted.

• 293 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Well seems Shulk has been announced as a character. That's good I guess.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Who is he?

EDIT: Did Sakurai forget what clothes are?

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

He is the main character on Xenoblade Chronicles, which is a game for the Wii. If you haven't heard of it, I wouldn't be surprised it was around the last years of the Wii's cycle.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Have you played it?

I think I've vaguely heard the name, but I don't know anything about it.

~~~Darth Caedus

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I haven't played it, I'm not really interested in it.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I don't really like Shulk in this. I mean he looks cool and all, but he is yet another sword character. Way too many sword characters.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

but he is yet another sword character.

So what? There are many different types of sword styles to fight with, plus he's not just one of your average sword fighters. He changes stats with just pressing a button.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So Japan got the 3DS version of the game earlier and here are the supposed characters that weren't announced yet.

Rob, Game & Watch, Falco, Ness, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr, Wario, Ganondorf, and Jigglypuff,.

So what do you guys think of the characters? The old and the new?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Duck Hunt Dog is going down.

~~~Darth Caedus

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

So yeah, I got a Japanese 3DS when I visited Tokyo. I downloaded the game last night.
I'm really love the game so far. There're a lot of things to do in single player, so I think it (almost) makes up for no Subspace. Oh, and even though you guys probably already knew, yeah, there's no level editor. : (

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Yoshi looks better so I'm hype for that. Little Mac still looks like the most interesting new comer. Greninja could be cool too unless it is too much like lucario.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

The 3DS version came out last Friday. I don't have the game or the system but a friend today let me play his copy and these are the following characters I've used thus far: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Mega Man, Villager, Lucina, Zero Suit Samus, Greninja(for only a few seconds, wasn't able to see all of his moves), Little Mac, Robin, and Rosalina. I will give my thoughts on each character.

Mario: I'm terrible with Mario, I can be pro at him and only played him twice and both times was because I chose random.

Link: Great character, I've always used him, and he seems like he might be a top tier now. His movements are solid now.

Pikachu: I don't like him. I'm terrible at him, but he did get a buff.

Mega Man: Oh man, he is just so fun to play as. He's got to be in my top favorite list.

Villager: Surprisingly, I enjoyed Villager and he's actually quite good. His tree move is pretty OP tho.

Lucina: A character I've actually wanted to play since her announcement. She's a clone of Marth, but I found her enjoyable and easy to play as. I even had a stock battle against a level 9 Shiek on my first try and almost won(and would have if I hadn't shot a capsule with a laser).

ZSS: Her upgrade, oh man. She's a great character to play as. She's faster and I totally recommend her.

Greninja: Seems smooths.

Little Mac: Fun, but I'm terrible with him.

Robin: A bit confusing at first, but pretty powerful.

Rosalina: She's actually REALLY good despite how confusing it may seem. She's actually pretty easy to pick up and just start playing.

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

Little Mac's pretty awesome but has the smallest lifespan ever, since he's soo bad at recovering onto the stage (even using the side-b)... But his attacks ' strength make up for that (namely that K.O.)

Robin/Reflet's pretty cool (lightning sword ftw). I use him and Lucina the most, and Little Mac for the lulz.

Anyway, online matches, anyone?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Can someone explain Greninja to me? From what I've seen he just looks like a faster, weaker, Lucario clone.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm getting a 3DS today and buying the game. When I get it I'll test out Greninja.

Showing 241-255 of 293