ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. 4

293 119399
GavinRox
GavinRox
50 posts
Jester

Anybody else excited? I really like these games, but the only thing that pisses me off is the new characters, and those getting deleted.

• 293 Replies
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I think It's safe to say that most of the pokemon will be switched out. jigglypuff and pikachu have a better chance of staying, though, because they were in both ssb melee and ssb brawl. I think they might bring a few of the pokemon from melee or the original super smash bros.

I hope they keep (and improve) pokemon trainer

and bring back mewtwo.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I hope they keep (and improve) pokemon trainer

I hope they give him new Pokemon. If they do that I'm thinking maybe Johto or Kalos Pokemon.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

However, his face is definitely the SS art style. So TP looks, SS artstyle.

I'm gonna disagree. The rest of his design is clearly the TP Link, why would his face be different? The SS Link seems to have softer features, particularly the eyebrows and hair. This is partly due to the art style used in SS, with less intricate detail possible in comparison to TP and by extension SSBB and Sm4sh.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I'm gonna disagree. The rest of his design is clearly the TP Link, why would his face be different? The SS Link seems to have softer features, particularly the eyebrows and hair. This is partly due to the art style used in SS, with less intricate detail possible in comparison to TP and by extension SSBB and Sm4sh.

If you compare the artstyles of TP and SS, there is a definite blend of SS's artstyle into SSB4U's link.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

nah

https://24.media.tumblr.com/b1d6e6bb54d611688b459b84ad42cd87/tumblr_mm4lk4D5kF1qdpydio2_500.png

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/e4/ac/e4acd49de5d4ead545583bd7f293fcba.jpg?itok=iTKLtP3D

all characters have brighter and more friendly colours, which makes Link look more like his SS design

this is pointless, but while we're on the topic of Link, any predictions for what his Side-B will be?

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Yay! I got a Wii-U, is this the most reccomended game I should get?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

any predictions for what his Side-B will be?

I could never understand this talk with side-Bs.

Maybe a boomerang?(that was the side-B in Brawl right?) Or maybe his bow and arrows(Or was this the side-B?)

is this the most reccomended game I should get?

Of course, I would also recomend Mario 3D World. It did after all win best Nintendo game of 2013 at the VGX.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

boomerang was always his and his clones side-b.

bow and arrow was always the nuetral b. i personally would rather play and find out on my own :3

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I could never understand this talk with side-Bs.

The special move that results when the c-stick is moved to the side (or whatever stick is used, I don't know those designations)

I highly doubt it will change from the boomerang though.

Of course, I would also recomend Mario 3D World. It did after all win best Nintendo game of 2013 at the VGX.

Is that the one with the cat powerup?

~~~Darth Caedus
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

to be quite honest, i dont have very high expectations for the new smash bros. whatsoever. especially considering how terrible brawl turned out. they took out all the things in melee that made the game so dynamic and fast paced, it was so much different then any other fighting game out there. brawl was just a version of smash bros for people who dont like to get good at video games.

my expectations for this new wii-u smash bros stay incredibly low because Nintendo cant appreciate hardcore gamers playing their games now-a-days.

if you guys want to play a good smash bros, download the new project M mod that just released about a month ago. It's basically Brawl graphics with melee gameplay. its perfect and exactly what Brawl should have been in the first place. only now we have more characters than any smash bros that ever existed.

landmaster2000
landmaster2000
135 posts
Shepherd

I feel like not many people think Brawl sucks, delossantosj. I think Brawl has a pretty broad range of skill that players can reach, although the gameplay may not be as fast-paced as that of Melee.
Even if Brawl is easier initially/always, why does that make it terrible? Subspace was awesome for single player.
I'm expecting/hoping SSB4 to be as good as I think Brawl is, I guess.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I feel like not many people think Brawl sucks, delossantosj. I think Brawl has a pretty broad range of skill that players can reach, although the gameplay may not be as fast-paced as that of Melee.
Even if Brawl is easier initially/always, why does that make it terrible?

The only character that you can even combo with is metaknight. If they take away the ability to combo people, it completely takes away the purpose of putting directional influence in the game, which was one of the few things from melee that they decided to keep.

While i admit that the smash ball is a good idea, it fails to actually be practical in the sense of a balanced fighting game. anyone who is good can get the smash ball everytime and if you are a character like pit, then its guaranteed 2 or 3 kills.

Mind games become much slower as well because of brawl not allowing things like L cancels, wave dashes, and other melee techniques that allow reading your opponent to be much more on the spot and more skilled. this is the main problem that i have with brawl and it makes the game quite boring if you ask me.

project M has characters and maps from melee, brawl, and 64, as well as the ability to download more maps and even skins for your characters because its an SD card mod.if you want to play the best version of smashbros, spending 25 bucks on an SD card is way worth it.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't care what people say, physics exploits like wave dashing have no place in Super Smash Bros.

While i admit that the smash ball is a good idea, it fails to actually be practical in the sense of a balanced fighting game. anyone who is good can get the smash ball everytime and if you are a character like pit, then its guaranteed 2 or 3 kills.

You can dodge the centurions, samus' final smash has a greater ability to hit imo, as long as the stage isn't too verticle.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I don't care what people say, physics exploits like wave dashing have no place in Super Smash Bros.

Nintendo knew about it when they released melee, and honestly wave dashes dont do too much. just add to the maneuverability of the character you are and even then, i can dash dance faster than i cant wave dash dance so it only plays a minimal factor when it really comes down to it. especially if you are a character like jiggly puff who has an incredibly short wave dash. taking it out is more pointless than leaving it in if you ask me.

You can dodge the centurions, samus' final smash has a greater ability to hit imo, as long as the stage isn't too verticle.

on big maps like hyrule temple, than yes you can dodge them; however if you are on final destination that its gaurenteed to kill.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

SSB4 is said by Sakurai to be faster paced than Brawl but slower than Melee. He acknowledged that Brawl was marketed for casual gamers and Melee had a more competitive side. SSB4 will be more competitive, with the removal of tripping and presumably a faster and different physics engine, and the lack of a story means there will be significant gameplay changes. On top of that, a larger roster means a more interesting comp scene.

I'd like to see true combos come back with an increase in hitstun, not as much as in Melee but enough to have a sort of risk-reward for taking a chance.

Showing 46-60 of 293