ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros. 4

293 119282
GavinRox
GavinRox
50 posts
Jester

Anybody else excited? I really like these games, but the only thing that pisses me off is the new characters, and those getting deleted.

• 293 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

http://i.imgur.com/I5lJlcw.png

This is the character chart for project M.

Not only do they have melee characters for this, but they also have redone many of their move-sets. Roy now has a much different move set so it makes him a much more practical character instead of just being a slow marth. Mew-Twos entire move set had to be redone by scratch as well.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'd like to see true combos come back

I hear that's part of the reason why Namco is working on it. With Namco having experience with fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur, SSB4 is bound to have alot of combos, if not then a few.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I hear that's part of the reason why Namco is working on it. With Namco having experience with fighting games like Tekken and Soul Calibur, SSB4 is bound to have alot of combos, if not then a few.

Well one of the things that makes smash bros so great (especially melee) was that there werent any set button command combos, like the ones in the games you mentioned above. that was the glory of the whole game was that you made your own combos and improvise in order to make them. Nothing is ever set in stone with the aspect of directional influence in a game which makes combos in smash bros unique
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

and the lack of a story means there will be significant gameplay changes

NO NO NO ill never accept that. this game could have had a nice story and keep a high level of gameplay. stop looking for excuses to why theres no story sakurai... grrrr
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

NO NO NO ill never accept that. this game could have had a nice story and keep a high level of gameplay. stop looking for excuses to why theres no story sakurai... grrrr

What is really gonna suck about that, however, is the fact that there won't be an easy way to unlock all the characters. QQ
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

What is really gonna suck about that, however, is the fact that there won't be an easy way to unlock all the characters. QQ

You don't know that for sure.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So pic of the day started today and the first pic they decided to show was a trophy of Saria(from LoZ Ocarina of Time). Sakurai(the creator of the game(duh)) also said in his post that trophies of things from handheld systems will appear in the 3DS version, and trophies of things from home consoles will appear on the Wii U version.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

So pic of the day started today and the first pic they decided to show was a trophy of Saria(from LoZ Ocarina of Time). Sakurai(the creator of the game(duh)) also said in his post that trophies of things from handheld systems will appear in the 3DS version, and trophies of things from home consoles will appear on the Wii U version.

I assume he meant "more likely" because otherwise, it don't seem like there would be many pokemon trophies on the Wii U version.

also, no reason Saria can't be a trophy on the Wii U version as well.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I assume he meant "more likely" because otherwise, it don't seem like there would be many pokemon trophies on the Wii U version.

I actually remember a couple Pokemon games for home consoles like Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Channel(probably some others). Am I the only one that knows of these? So I wouldn't be too... disappointed about the Pokemon trophies.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Was that a WiiU or 3DS pic of the day?

I'll probably end up playing both versions but hopefully mods will come out quickly to get 3DS stages onto the Wii U.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Was that a WiiU or 3DS pic of the day?

3DS

Although I suppose she will be in both versions.
pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

Cant wait.....!!!! i hope its as good as the first SSB.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I actually remember a couple Pokemon games for home consoles like Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Channel(probably some others). Am I the only one that knows of these? So I wouldn't be too... disappointed about the Pokemon trophies.

There was also some pokepark thingy for wii, but still, none of the mainstream games were released on consoles I don't think.

~~~Darth Caedus
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Seems King Dededededededede was just announced today.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

[quote]King Dededededededede[quote]

I'd admit, that guy wasn't really useful on SSBB. In fact, out of all the charaters, he was the guy I didn't use yet!

Showing 61-75 of 293