ForumsGamesis this "rare" gameboy color worth selling?

16 13747
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

my friend offered 100 bucks plus a nintendo nes wallet for this gameboy shown in the picture below this text. along with pokemon blue and yellow and resident evil gaiden and pokemon pinball. is 100 bucks worth this console and all those games? i tried ebay before for 250 and nothing then for 150 and still nothing. but i need the extra cash,
so should i try and get more or take it?

http://i40.tinypic.com/316pul0.jpg

• 16 Replies
bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

Depends. If you still play it than I wouldn't recommend you selling it. But if you think it's a piece of junk (like mines, I would've sold it if it wasn't lost) then sell it.

Bing,

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

100 bucks..that is a steal

I'm not sure if you are aware, but gameboy colour and gameboy advanced are now collectables

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Game-Boy-Color-Limited-Pokemon-Edition/dp/B000059S79/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386254813&sr=8-1&keywords=gameboy+color+pokemon+edition]
If this is the same edition than you probably shouldn't take your friend's offer. By the way you can sell even some games for pretty high prices so if you have some you can also try selling them.

Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Boy-Color-Limited-Pokemon-Edition/dp/B000059S79/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386254813&sr=8-1&keywords=gameboy+color+pokemon+edition

Ok this is the link, the problem is that a lot of people sell it for too low prices so you may still have trouble selling it.
800 dollars is only for the unopened ones I think so i guess around 200 dollars should be about the right price.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I have a normal Gameboy and it's still operational. Does it worth more or less?

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

50 dollars. Since it's portable.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

lol 50 charlie? you're crazy

i tried ebay for 250 and ebay again for 150 and i never got a single bid

so i took this offer a few days after posting this. $100 dollars and a nintendo controller leather wallet thats usually 20 or 25 bucks

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

um.. the DS lite is lower than 100 dollars, and it is more reliable.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

lol 50 charlie? you're crazy

i tried ebay for 250 and ebay again for 150 and i never got a single bid

so i took this offer a few days after posting this. $100 dollars and a nintendo controller leather wallet thats usually 20 or 25 bucks

Since when is your friend the universal authority on the price of "rare" gameboys?
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I honestly would have kept it, or taken it to a pawn shop or some nintendo collector and tried to get more

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

For an out-of-box functional unit in 'good' condition, the typical price is within the $70-$90 dollar range (with the case). Mint in-box are the ones that command some of those ridiculous prices (just like any collectable). I'd say you got a decent and totally reasonable deal.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

um.. the DS lite is lower than 100 dollars, and it is more reliable.

Cant play gameboy games in it though

I personally want to get a gameboy sp just because of the shape and the backlight until I can be bothered to spend money on it I'm keeping to my gba.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Keep trying to sell it. Gameboys are the worst console to play on, but people do collect them.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Keep trying to sell it. Gameboys are the worst console to play on, but people do collect them.

He already sold it.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

at one point i was gunna collect every single pokemon themed gameboy/color/advance that was made. but money kept getting tighter and tighter

Showing 1-15 of 16