ForumsNews and FeedbackHere, have some honest feedback...

6 4068
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Have some honest feedbackâ¦

The developers section seems to do nothing, when you try to sign up for it, it simply says email sent. Did it get the right email? Was it really sent? Because its been about a month and no word from any stinkin dev, admin, mod, etc on what the heck the dev status is.

Also, you email admins about it, you get no reply, thanks a lot.

Come on, someone has to know what it is⦠TELL US ALREADY!

• 6 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I'm a bit confused about what you're upset with. There are many, many people who send in requests to be developers. We can't accept hem all. You can always directly contact Tasselfoot@ArmorGames.com if you have any questions - he will help out.

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Err no, what I'm upset about is no one tells us what it is.

And I already emailed tassel, no reply.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

Err no, what I'm upset about is no one tells us what it is.

If I understand your issue correctly, you're asking what a developer is (?) - a developer is a person who creates/develops flash games for people to play

If you develop great flash games and want to work with the AG team then you can apply to be come a developer through the aforementioned section. However I wouldn't recommend applying if you're not already a developer - it's not a sign-up-to-get-help designing games area, they must probably already get a bunch of applications

AG is all about quality games as well, so they can't just accept anybody!
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=mightybob]The developers section seems to do nothing, when you try to sign up for it, it simply says email sent. ... its been about a month and no word ... on what the heck the dev status is.

... Come on, someone has to know what it is[/quote]

[quote=mightybob]no, what I'm upset about is no one tells us what it is.[/quote]

[quote=Calm]If I understand your issue correctly, you're asking what a developer is (?)[/quote]

I think what Bob is annoyed about is not receiving an answer to their dev status application.

Screaming and shouting omitted, as it doesn't tend to lead one much further on these things. I can't entirely blame them for being surprised at not receiving an answer though, when going through the designated channels for it. If no answer is automatically forthcoming there, maybe this should be specified more clearly?

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

No, I know what a dev is, I am wondering what this developer status actually involves, as almost 100% of the time there's more to it then just the name.

I am not surprised either that I was not accepted, because when I clicked sign up i expected it to ask my email or tell me what it is. Apparently not, though.

I am simply wondering what the developer status involves.

Tasselfoot
Tasselfoot
795 posts
Chamberlain

Hi Bob!

First off, I'm sorry that you never got a response from me... that is strange and likely means I did not receive your email.

We don't accept anyone who requests access to developers.armorgames.com unless they are someone we have already spoken to and have agreed to host their game. You aren't the first person to be confused by this page and what it means... we should probably look into the wording that is on the page and modify it so that it is less confusing.

If you have a game that you'd like Armor to host, please email me a url so that I can test it. Hopefully it doesn't get lost in the ether. And make sure that you are spelling it correctly: tasselfoot@armorgames.com

-Tass

Showing 1-6 of 6