ForumsPopular MediaSaturday

9 5083
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Rebecca Black is back with a sequel. Discuss.

• 9 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Honestly, Saturday isn't as bad as Friday. I don't think it would've received much hate if Friday was formatted with the same song style as Saturday.

Plus, Saturday plays homage to Friday as the catalyst for Rebecca's uprising fame.

Doesn't mean I particularly like the song, though. Then again, I dislike most mainstream pop anyways.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Well now I know what she did after school on Friday...

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i like friday better
tbh i find her hot af

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

The fact that it's better than Friday makes it so much worse than Friday. That song only became famous because it was such terrible quality, but this new one is no worse in quality than your average hit by Miley Cyrus or Lana Del Rey. And because it's not horrible, there's nothing memorable or notable about it, and thus it's never going to be the gem the original was.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

tbh i find her hot af

0_0
jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

Rebecca really let herself go since Friday. i'm sorry honey but if you want to be a pop star you have to try harder than that!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I can't wait to see how many awards it wins.

tbh i find her hot af

Why don't you have a seat right over here?
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Rebecca really let herself go since Friday.

I'm not the only one who noticed that? Thank god. I thought I was linked to the wrong song when I saw her singing.

I guess it's better than Friday? Doesn't mean it's good my any stretch of the word. Generic pop is generic pop regardless of who sings it. It all sounds the same and reinforces the idea that the general listener is a vapid, empty-headed tween. I see all the comments going "omg, this is good. shutup haters" and "if katy perry sang this youd love it" and can't help but go "No...no I wouldn't."

Honestly, is this what people consider a passable song these days? I have no idea what the media and such considers a 'good' pop song. It all sounds like the sang bollocks sung by different morons to me.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This song doesn't sound like anything. What astounds me most about it is that it has more likes than dislikes. Friday was at least catchy and had a distinguishable melody, but this new one has hit an all-time low.

People think this new song is better than the old one because the lyrics don't seem stupid to your average dumb 12-year-old, and it reflects an older Rebecca who that same dumb-o-graphic can idolize instead of ridicule. In fact, it's worse than Friday. As I mentioned before, Friday had a distinguishable melody and distinctive lyrics, which may have annoyed the hell out of people, but it was also so catchy that it spread like a disease and eventually became so well-known that you could sing it anywhere and annoy the hell out of anyone. Saturday's melody and lyrics, however, sound like nobody even tried to create music, and if you sing this song in front of anybody, even if they've heard the song and seen the video, nobody's going to know what the hell you're singing.

Frankly, I don't see how Rebecca Black expected to win by releasing this song. She's still going to be remembered as the Friday girl, and because of that song, you don't hear anyone saying "Who is this Rebecca Black you speak of" to this day. Even men my age know who she is, and not just guys like me who never seem to leave the internet. With Saturday, she's obviously trying to create a new image of herself, but as a dumb party girl? Not only do we have enough of those already, but nobody even cares about the ones who already exist. You can't simply go from being the biggest internet sensation of the year to trying to look like just another "cool" high school archetype and expect people to simply change their minds about you.

Yes, Rebecca Black has released a sequel, but honestly, does anyone really care anymore what she does? Did anyone ever care about anything she ever did other than Friday?

I have no idea what the media and such considers a 'good' pop song.

The media has set the standards at a record low, but I have a feeling this song isn't even passable by their standards.
Showing 1-9 of 9