ForumsNews and FeedbackADS

13 5665
LonghornRob
LonghornRob
1 posts
Nomad

I get that a site like this has to use ads in order to run, and I can NOT express how amazing it is to get to play so many free games, WHILE you are helping developers hone their skills. BUT, please fix the ads, if I ACCIDENTALLY pass my mouse over one of your numerous pop ups, it freezes my game or annoyingly continues to pop up over and over!

• 13 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Which ad is doing this to you? We can look at it.

nevyn893
nevyn893
1 posts
Nomad

This happens to me with the Twix commercial and also the newest car commercial. And even if I get it to stop popping up, the pop up noise continues in a loop. I have to refresh the tab to make it stop.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

What you think they gonna do instead of Ads?

This is a free site, but the whole stuff (employees, resources, etc) needs some money, so in one or the other way they need to collect money...

In the end they have two choices: Ads or change this site to collect money directly from users (monthly subscription...) ... and now thinking about how many uses are willing to pay...

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

[/quote][i]What you think they gonna do instead of Ads?

This is a free site, but the whole stuff (employees, resources, etc) needs some money, so in one or the other way they need to collect money...

In the end they have two choices: Ads or change this site to collect money directly from users (monthly subscription...) ... and now thinking about how many uses are willing to pay... [/I]

I think he meant those pop up ads that freeze your game, not ads in general.

red303
red303
7,571 posts
Shepherd

Sorry, I meant to quote UleashedUponMankind comment

bryci
bryci
1 posts
Nomad

I don't like the minute long unskippable ads that are all over.

JediIzzyT
JediIzzyT
1 posts
Nomad

I understand that you need ads to run, and I am not going to get on you about that, but the fact that I need to wait through a repeated 30 sec ad for a game i am only trying out and probably won't play for more than a minute is annoying. you can keep the before-game ads, but please have them be shorter or skippable.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

you can keep the before-game ads, but please have them be shorter or skippable.

I don't think it's within their power to choose wether the ads have a skip button after five seconds or a straight in skippable one minute ad. It is random whichever kind you get, check on YouTube or another game site with ads you'll find it is the same, sometimes you can skip, others you cannot. It's a cruel world I know.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I have found an AD that I believe is inappropriate, it uses many words that AG bans.

2 min video called "Wake up now San Diego Escape...."

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

I have found an AD that I believe is inappropriate, it uses many words that AG bans.

AG allows these types of Ads???

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Idk if AG can block in-game video ads. I know they can control the MMO ads they have at the sides and on the front page, but other ads seem to be influenced based on your internet surfing history.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

2 min video called "Wake up now San Diego Escape...."

What happened here is probably the fact that the video was projected before the game by the advertising company, which chooses those. Armor Games has no control over the videos shown, other than to ask the company to alter their m.o. or stop working with them alltogether. The latter won't be an option, ads = money = free flash gaming.

(Note: deleted a post that was encouraging the use of adblocker. That's a no-no people...)
Showing 1-12 of 13