ForumsGamesI don't like how every MMO does this.

21 39950
legolover12
legolover12
76 posts
Peasant

Every stinking MMO that looks cool always portrays women in less than covering clothes.Annoying. The only good MMO I have found that doesn't do this is the Game of Thrones MMO.

• 21 Replies
legolover12
legolover12
76 posts
Peasant

It's unnerving,not to mention stupid.

wolfnight14
wolfnight14
21 posts
Nomad

My guess for this is, they are targeting older people. Trying to entice them with promises of scantily clad girls~ o3o but that's just my guess

metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

Depends on the class IMO.

abt79
abt79
59 posts
Blacksmith

To whoever said they are trying to attract people with scantily clad women...YOU DON'T SAY?
But yeah, it is kind of ridiculous, but not every mmo does this, thank goodness. Most that don't are actually worth playing.

Ewboi123
Ewboi123
2 posts
Shepherd

Well, to be fair, they do it to get people want to play it because it catches their attention. I'd admit, it does get my attention.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

My guess for this is, they are targeting older people. Trying to entice them with promises of scantily clad girls~ o3o but that's just my guess

True. They don't use this targeting strategy in Dawn of the Dragons but old people in the game (20+) spend tons on the game...I've been told one user spent upwards of $12,000 while many other have spent at least $5,000+

tl;dr Older users are the moneymakers/pay to players.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

I'm pretty sure anyone over age 10 is attracted to hot women
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Nonsurprisingly a right guess... as seen in all other commercial things: Sex sella...
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Sex sella...

>every carl's jr ad
royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

Considering the fact that a lot of said ads are on profile pages, and everybody on AG is above 13? Therefore hormone hopped up (lets admit it AG is 80% guys) guys love this feature.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

guys love this feature.

Sure I love girls but not the ads they show... They are just meh, ugly.
metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

At first I liked it but after a while I'm thinking that's just too impractical...
Like I said before it depends on the class but still, there's that fine line IMO where the character is showing too much.

Another game I think that doesn't do that is Granado Espada. There may be some characters there that show a lot of skin but I think it's not too much.

GirIGamer
GirIGamer
26 posts
Nomad

I remember one comment that goes well with the topic: "The higher your character becomes, the more revealing the armor will be." @_@

amalager
amalager
27 posts
Nomad

This has been the strategy of most developers out there. We have to admit that most gamers are comprised of Guys and in order for their game to catch attention, they flaunt female characters.

@GirlGamer: Yes that is true. They do that to give some sort of a "re-play" value for the game. If I were to interpret most guys'thinking pattern, it's going to be like this: "Wow, If my female character looks hot on my current level, I wonder how sizzling she'll be when I reach higher levels?"---Thus, the grinding continues.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Every stinking MMO that looks cool always portrays women in less than covering clothes.Annoying. The only good MMO I have found that doesn't do this is the Game of Thrones MMO.

We've discussed this before in WEPR. It isn't MMO exclusive, most video games are like this. It's a sexist marketing strategy.
Showing 1-15 of 21