ForumsGame WalkthroughsInfectonator Survivors: x-mas tips and tricks

29 30059
C3ntury
C3ntury
7 posts
Peasant

Anyone willing to share information to get through this game?

• 29 Replies
kfcbowl
kfcbowl
5 posts
Peasant

Here are somethingâs Iâve noticed, not sure if I would count them as tips though. I have only made it through stage 2 with an A- so I will just put things about stage 1 for fellow noobs. Some of these are just educated guesses, so feel free to comment.
1)When one of your characters dies, they take their weapon with them, it will not be returned to your stash
2) If you search all through level one you will only find about 4 new survivors. The only ones worthwhile is the swat team member and the hobo
3) The most important stat for fighting is the last one âaimâ.
4) If you are running low on supplies, it might be useful to kill off a member or two that is useless to save on daily supply use.
5) As days go by, the buildings get harder so staying and scavenging or hurrying up and traveling can both be dangerous.
6) As your character levels up, their full health levels up too by 25 upto 200
7) Top handguns are the desert eagle, or failing that the python
8) Top long guns are the Saw followed by the AK47
9 Top shotguns are the Spas-12 followed by the Benelli
10 The shotguns and hitting weapons should be saved for the characters with poor aim
11) Use the Saw and Desert eagle with characters with high aim
12) In the beginning your weapons with have low range, so put your 4 characters in a block shape at a choke point
13) Support (mortars) are not refilled for free. They cost 500 when you are with the wondering store. He seems to come randomly but more often when you are located in a store building. Not sure how accurate that is.
14) The ten lives you have in a building are reset each time.
15) In my experience there seems to be no connection between finding fuel at a gas station or weapons at a police station/gun-shop.
16) There is no set targeting order, characters âseemâ to target zombies closer to themselves though.
17) Zombies like to chase. so later when they seem to overrun you, place your better characters together behind a barricade, and use one of the fast running characters as bait to run back and forth in front of their guns.
18) Healing and reloading takes time to complete. If you try moving a character while they are doing it, they will have to start over in their new square. This also happens when they move to a new part of the buildingm and sually you will lose the money you paid too.
19)When all your characters die, game over, regardless of your online save. You will have to start over
20) The online save seems to happen at the end of the level. So if you are doing poorly, ie you lose valuable characters, simply close out of the window. When you reopen the game from armorgames.com you will have the option of loading the online save game from the last building you completed.

My Questions
1) What are the gems and grades we get at the end of each game used for? If they are useless, maybe we can use them for upgrades to our next adventure.
2) How many levels (travels) until the city exit

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

Survivors are found in locations with a "!".
The store is in locations with a "$"
Bosses are found in locations with the zombie face.
You can find weapons but they usually are crap.
Fuel is gained when you complete an objective.
Towers stay forever after you built them.

C3ntury
C3ntury
7 posts
Peasant

highly appreciated the information. thank you for sharing.
how do you get gems exactly? instructions were not clear enough, and good gracious the survivors needing help are a pain. if they just stick close to my survivors they have a higher chance of surviving, but nooo... instead they just walk into horde screaming YOLO! by the way, the survivors that I rescued so far are the members of the Left 4 Dead. Bill, Francis, Louis and Zoey. which is nice since they all have high aim, however in other parameters... not so great.

kfcbowl
kfcbowl
5 posts
Peasant

gems are gained at the end when you "complete a game" (ie. die or escape the city. you also get a "grade" for your performance)

C3ntury
C3ntury
7 posts
Peasant

I escaped the city twice. now I'm on the 3rd city, but still I have not receive any gems or evaluation. am I missing something here?

kfcbowl
kfcbowl
5 posts
Peasant

its a problem of terminology I think. you "traveled" twice to a new part of the city. The objective of the game is to escape the city. I think. lol. Gems are aquired when you complete the game or die totally. when you click start, you have the option of loading local or online save. It will tell you on that screen how many gems you have.

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

It says in the description that gems are only available for those using the online mode.

C3ntury
C3ntury
7 posts
Peasant

what? I need to die in order to get gems?
I've tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

kfcbowl
kfcbowl
5 posts
Peasant

apparently there is a new divide between those with gems and those without.

So give me reason to prove me wrong, but I still dont know what gems are for

C3ntury
C3ntury
7 posts
Peasant

Okay, so I intentionally lost the game at day 75. after the evaluation I was only given three gems for all of that hardwork to survive that apocalypse, but hey, atleast I got gems.

themlgcalled1337
themlgcalled1337
1 posts
Nomad

can you get your survivors back if they die?

trying
trying
467 posts
Bard

no

ventus01
ventus01
1 posts
Nomad

to get gems you have to die if you travel once you get 1 gem you travel twice you get 2 gems etc. btw louis bill francis and zoey from left 4 dead are in here
i suggest you only use mortars in DIRE situations like a teamate is dieing or, a boss. also if you get swat and thug only you cant get anymore survivors or weapons

newuser1234
newuser1234
23 posts
Constable

i survived for 75 days and travelled 6 times, so got 6 gems after game over...

JonnyStenton
JonnyStenton
1 posts
Nomad

what does "exit" mean ?? on a building..

Showing 1-15 of 29