ForumsNews and FeedbackBetter deployment of Ads

7 5270
TimeStop12
TimeStop12
4 posts
Shepherd

I get that this is a free site and that the Ads are a source of revenue to keep the site up, but recent implementation of the ads into the game sometimes rendering the game unplayable if the user has certain add-on's in the browser of choice. there are better ways of having ads generate revenue other than blocking games unless they turn off their ad blocker.

Unfortunately ad blocking programs are being used more often as ads are getting more and more personal to the user via cookie tracking and website tracking. Since this is the case ad blockers are being used more often. And often this leads to lost revenue for the site. I know your a business underneath the shell of the website but again instead of ads blocking games from running use the system that Youtube has and you can still have the ads there that dont care about ads and they can still see them but make it so the games can still be played by people that care for their privacy from ads.

• 7 Replies
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

There is an Ad that says " Banned in 12 countries. "

TimeStop12
TimeStop12
4 posts
Shepherd

Heh thats one interesting ad.

anderill
anderill
1 posts
Peasant

an Ad that says " Banned in 12 countries. "
You know those ads have been targeted for false advertisement lawsuits? They are all mage by the same company
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Rarely now they use Trojans for targeting as I recently discovered an advert for breast enlargements...

TimeStop12
TimeStop12
4 posts
Shepherd

Still the use of ads in the actual game before the game is down right stupid, especially since it makes the game unplayable if you have some form of ad blocker

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We don't support ad blocking.

Amir4eg
Amir4eg
2 posts
Nomad

I just press F5 and try to set on Toyota ad, because I can skip it. If you are not lucky â" you'll get War Thunder Ad always, that cannot be skipped.
I hate War Thunder and I love Toyota :3

P.s. It's only for russian ads, maybe for other langs/countries there could be another good/bad ads.

Showing 1-7 of 7