8 26868
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I thought Id make this thread for 2 reasons

1. To tell people about this awesome game
2. To let them know about a great server I play on / run

So first of all I'll explain what rust is, rust is a first person survival game very similar to dayz but there are animals that will kill you aswell as zombies and there is a building mechanic which is really fun and adds longevity to the game which day z lacks imo but you should definitely check it out because it is in early access for £15 and it already is an amazing game and I highly recommend you check it out.

As for the server its a 50 man noob friendly server where you can donate if you wish and in return we will thank you will some basic supplies eg. wood , stone , metal fragments in different quantities depending on how much donate we also will have admins on a lot of the time so if we have any problems we can help sort them out.

The only rules we really have is no killing new players.

If your new to the game then we can help you out and give you a helping hand.

• 8 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Oh and last but not least the server ip is 85.236.100.91:28415

You can hit f1 then type net.connect 85.236.100.91:28415 to easily connect as the browser is a bit iffy.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i may look into it. i finally got a laptop that can do some small gaming lol. last laptop couldnt play left 4 dead 2 at all but this one can run it on best settings with no lag, so i hope i can run this "rust" game

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Considering it's an indie game in alpha, it's going to be incredibly poorly optimized. So don't get your hopes up on running it well. What are your specs?

CanadianBacon732
CanadianBacon732
1 posts
Nomad

Yeah man this was a beautiful server! I hope to play with you guys tomorrow Cale! Peace!!!!!

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Considering it's an indie game in alpha, it's going to be incredibly poorly optimized. So don't get your hopes up on running it well. What are your specs?

Its actually fine I have a phenom II 965 @ 3.4ghz 8gb 1333mhz ram and a 1.5gb 580 and I run it at max 1080p and get no issues you only get slight lag when a big building renders in but you even get that in minecraft.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Deleted are the posts blatantly advertising servers and nothing else. This isn't a thread to advertise servers, it's a thread to discuss Rust. The OP just happens to play on/admin a server.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

New update came out so you can have pins on your doors so you can share which ones you want also they sorted out issues with the grass and lagg just wish they would add more stuff to the map to make it more like dayzs style of map because its the main thing holding it back at the moment.

Also while I'm hear I might aswell put that the server has been updated to a new host as multiplay were really bad for wiping the server new ip is 109.123.117.149:28025.

Feel free to join I'll help any new players out also I will try and make some tutorial videos for any newbies.

Does anyone else like playing with the more handmade style guns like the revolver hand cannon and pipe shotgun I wish that the miltary style guns were a lot harder/rarer to get because it doesn't feel right when everyones running m4s after only playing a few hours.Hence why on my server we dont have m4s or bolt actions spawning in chests you have to get hold of the blue print and the materials to craft it.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

It's kind of sad to see this thread go silent so quickly. I guess most people I've talked to, including myself, get the impression that its just Minecraft with better graphics.

Showing 1-8 of 8