ForumsNews and Feedback[Official] What is a Knight?

396 191641
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

'Knighthood': What is a 'Knight'? And what does 'Knighthood' mean?

'Knighthood' and the title 'Knight' is bestowed upon a user that has shown exemplary deeds and outstanding behavior as a member of the Armor Games Community. This exclusive title is only granted to those users that have earned a special place among the citizens of the Kingdom.

How do I become a Knight?

Care about the community and other users and catch the eye of moderators or admins, they are the ones who choose who is Knighted. Don't ask to be Knighted, that's a good way not to be Knighted.

What can Knights do?

-They have access to a Knight-only Forum.
-They have access to Knight-only armatars
-Special forum coloring and badge.
-Knight Gilding

I'll add more to this sticky if there are further Questions.

• 396 Replies
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. I think there are some valid points being brought up on both sides of this discussion, but at this exact moment we're not ready to act/announce anything while tempers are hot. We'll be discussing this among moderators. Anything further that needs to be said about the matter can be directed at Ferret@ArmorGames.com.

I hope we can all celebrate the Knighting of @SirLegendary, it shouldn't get lost in all this.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I hope we can all celebrate the Knighting of @SirLegendary, it shouldn't get lost in all this.

Yep, to the tavern everyone, the drinks are on me!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

3 The admin/mods cannot, in all fairness, redact a promotion solely due to its being issued prematurely or with less-than-ideal judgement.

Nor has anyone been making such a statement.

4 Nothing will be achieved by further quarreling over this

A better knight system that actually gives knights a purpose, whether literally or metaphorically, maybe.

5 The most satisfactory conclusion for all parties is that more thorough deliberation is given to the promotion of future Knights and Verwaltung's case be made the exception to the rule.

Or that they actually state the reasons behind their thoughts, so knights aren't just, as I stated, glorified beta testers anymore. Hell, having users be a part of the knighting process could do wonders.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Aww thanks @Ferret Good to wake up to this kind of notification in my email!

To the tavern then?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

As @SSTG said! Aye! To the tavern @SirLegendary!

I'd like a nice pint o' Guiness bartender!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So...any conclusions made yet?

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Let's leave it for now and enjoy SirLegendary's knighting!

Over which I just set the Tavern on fire wouldn't you know...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I mean you can leave it for now, but I'd like there to be a fix for such a flawed system.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@pangtongshu I'll quote @Ferret on this...

Thanx for all the feedback everybody. I think there are some valid points being brought up on both sides of this discussion, but at this exact moment we're not ready to act/announce anything while tempers are hot. We'll be discussing this among moderators. Anything further that needs to be said about the matter can be directed at Ferret@ArmorGames.com.

I hope we can all celebrate the Knighting of @SirLegendary, it shouldn't get lost in all this. 

So, if you want to discuss this further, please email Ferret about it, ok? Thanx.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

@MattEmAngel , I share your concern (I truly do) but we cannot do anything now...That would have been really useful if posted a bit later, but now it is too early to jump into this kind of conclusions and post like this, I think.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Ever heard of patience? Some things take time... ok?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I, personally, feel like our patience has been quite worthy of merit, all things considering.

Nevertheless, I shall have to take up the suggestion to email ferret. With the weekend here, though, it seems we might be waiting a few more days to reach a response.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

-

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Then don't base it on being &quotestered" (whatever that is supposed to mean)..base it on the fact that this whole knighting system is incredibly flawed and, given how it has progressed, has been made entirely meaningless by the people who created it as the only sort of allowance it is given for it's worth is "trust us ".

And apologies if we are &quotestering" you by pointing out this said flaws in order for some change to be made to them so that knights can actually have some sort of meaning (sorry we care about the well being of the community in general, actually, as that is the root of concerns).

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

-

Showing 316-330 of 396