ForumsNews and FeedbackHero Board Suggestions

13 4899
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I have few suggestions for the hero board...

One,
There should be a way to see what position you're in without having to go through all the pages to search for yourself.

Secondly,
There should be something fixed about tiebreakers as only one players can have one position at a time.

Third and lastly,
I think there should be a special quest for getting Hero of the Day, Hero of the Week, or All Time Hero, just for the remembrance of when you held one of these positions.

Give me your feedback, and I hope these are good ideas ^^

• 13 Replies
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I think there should be a special quest for getting Hero of the Day, Hero of the Week, or All Time Hero, just for the remembrance of when you held one of these positions.

Yeah, but then for the people who are tied with the All Time leader... Minus the one quest which would be All Time Hero quest... They can never get it then, if the All Time hero always gets quests first.

YES a Search would be nice cuz I am like #2400+

Also I would like a percentage like 88% Done or such.. that could break tie breakers. I thought I saw this for awhile, but not all the ones I do have the %...

~~Black~~

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

There should be a way to see what position you're in without having to go through all the pages to search for yourself.

I have a feeling that's being worked on as we speak. Back in the days of AP, there was a little marker at the top of the profile that told you what rank you were out of however many users there were.

"...and is ranked #2 out of 1,045,732 users."

It was removed at some point when AP still existed, so it may not have been there for a fair portion of 2012. But with a new point system, the feature could return once more.

There should be something fixed about tiebreakers as only one players can have one position at a time.

That one would be a bit more difficult to do, as the hero board appears to be designed with fixed positions. In order to make tiebreakers possible, the hero board's fixed positions would have to update themselves and change every time there was a tie between two users, which, with only a certain number of quests and thousands of users unlocking them at once, would be an exceptionally common occurrence, especially in the darker regions (fewer quests) of the table.

Not to mention that, even with ties, one user is always going to be physically higher on the table than another, so even if they have the same rank number, one of them is going to look ever so slightly more accomplished than the other.

In the days of AP, people tied all the time, but it was also a hell of a lot easier to earn points back then. And yet, we still don't know if having a certain amount of quests will be the only way to earn points here, so the hero board may not be the only leaderboard onsite in the future.

As Blackbelt said, one quest for All Time Hero would be a bit of a slap in the face to the users behind him/her, because that's now one more quest you have to earn to dethrone that user. With a fixed number of quests, unless the All Time Hero stops earning new quests for a while, it would make it theoretically impossible for anyone else to become the All Time Hero.

Rather than adding new special quests into the mix, there could be some sort of "Quest Hall of Fame" for users who once held any of the three Hero positions. Obviously one of the lists would be pretty long, but it would be a way of honoring users who have earned this position without giving them any extra quests.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Maybe not a quest but some form of a title. Also since not all of us have the 21 legacy quests, only those who do and have all quests can ever be on top.

From my thread

So maybe have legacies categorized as something else. I mean have legacies one profile in another mini box next to name. They won't count as quests or be included but you can still display these as a sense of loyalty to the site.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

If one wishes to be fair, they could categorize by number of quests. So for example, all users who have X number of quests will be listed under the page for X number of quests. Of course itll get messy when it goes to the lower numbers.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

"...and is ranked #2 out of 1,045,732 users."

I do remember that ^^ That was fun haha.

Yeah, but then for the people who are tied with the All Time leader... Minus the one quest which would be All Time Hero quest... They can never get it then, if the All Time hero always gets quests first.

Ah... Good point black, I never really thought about it that way... So that idea for the all time hero could be scrapped.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

One,

This is probably the most important addition needed to the Hero Board. I propose a text box type which would replace the "Featured Quest" as that is already displayed on each of the quest tabs so I feel there is no need for it. In this box would be your username, your Today ranking number, your Weekly Ranking number and your All Time Ranking number (maybe total quest number?). This would completely cut out the need to search through the pages to find your self but if you knew your ranking number you can make a justified guess at which page your on and can then compare yourself to others.

Secondly,
There should be something fixed about tiebreakers as only one players can have one position at a time

This is an annoyance at this point as there are up to 10 and above pages of users ranking with the same number of quests, I am not sure what could be done about it...possibly drop down tabs from the person who achieved X number of quests first and then lists in smaller text the next however many ranks of people with the same amount of quests are.

Third and lastly,

But say you get Hero Of The Day more than once, it would just be a duplicate, also would it be achieved by the time the update EST time ends? Because the Hero Of The Day changes frequently through out the day. For All Time Hero users with legacy quests have a fair advantage so there is too much of a limit for a lot of users.

My own suggestion also is I find the physical size of the Hero Board a little too big, it can still display 10 users at a time but if it shrunk a bit as I think the Armatars are a little too large and out of proportion to the user name. Also the blue crown should be larger and gold I mean who has a blue crown? The user should too be enlarged, become more prominent compared to the lower rankings to show off a little.
devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

Hero board is launched.Cheers
=)

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Add search box on Hero Board...

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Hero board is launched.Cheers

Where is it? (I think I've seen it before, but... Must have doodoo in my eyes.)
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Where is it? (I think I've seen it before, but... Must have doodoo in my eyes.)

Here. I have no idea where it is on the site; I found it through a thread.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Here.

Ah, thanks.

I have no idea where it is on the site; I found it through a thread.

Indeed, so had I, but to no avail in a jiffy.

Reminder to self to not ask it again. Then to remember that
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Indeed, so had I, but to no avail in a jiffy.

Reminder to self to not ask it again. Then to remember that

Oh, I found it. It's in the Quest drop down Menu on the top right hand corner.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Oh, I found it.

Indeed! Thanks again.
Showing 1-13 of 13