ForumsGamesPS3 or PS4?

8 2461
Xoulfire
Xoulfire
3 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone,just a new guy here,and i wanted to discuss something thats been messing with me.I was thinking of getting a game console,and i heard PS game consoles are great(but i would still like to hear whats the pros of a Xbox One)but i'm confused if i should get a PS3 or a PS4.I heard there are some really great games on PS3 ,and i hate to miss out,but the PS4 sounds interesting too.I would like to hear your opinions on this,since both the PS3 and 4 are good consoles(from what i hear)

• 8 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I would go for next gen, just because that is where all the new games will start going to.

A good question is, did Sony fix the asinine decision to not allow their "next gen" consoles to play previous gen games?

Xoulfire
Xoulfire
3 posts
Nomad

well,i would go for PS4,but i been thinking of that beforehand,it would be a sad waste to go on to the next gen without having to play some of the best games that are said to be "PS3 Exclusive,like Last Of Us and some other games on par to quality and gameplay.Really hope they can implement that function.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

get a ps4, within this yr ps3 games may stop even being made. get a ps4 so you can have new games for the next 5-7 years. but remember you need a playstation plus subscription to play most multiplayer games.
$10 = 1 month
$17.99 = 3 months
$50 = a year

ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

A good question is, did Sony fix the asinine decision to not allow their "next gen" consoles to play previous gen games?

Sony announced a cloud streaming service at CES called PlayStation Now.

The basics is that it allows people to stream past games through the cloud. It goes into closed beta at the end of this month. I'm hoping to get in.

It's launching in NA this summer, Europe gets it early next year. Last I heard, the selection will consist of PS3 games, and then slowly expand to PS2/PS games.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Is 'none' an acceptable answer? I hope it is.

Xoulfire
Xoulfire
3 posts
Nomad

Wow,never thought they have a membership subscription for the PS4,times are getting rough eh? Well i'm gonna go with buying a PS4 in the next few months,thanks guys for the advice,it'd help me get a clear picture of the PS4,see y'all around in the Playstation network.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The only downsides I could possibly think of for the PS4 are that the online isn't free and not all of my friends have upgraded to it from the PS3 yet.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I can't decide yet. PS4 looks really nice but I have no idea when I'm going to get it. I'm in the same situation as pick none of my friends have upgraded to it. I might wait until my PS3 dies or maybe if some PS4 exclusive strikes me.

Showing 1-8 of 8