ForumsNews and FeedbackGame Creator/Submittor Ad Placement

3 4062
Drepanon
Drepanon
1 posts
Blacksmith

Often when I am playing a game that requires me to click close to the bottom border of the screen, I will accidentally click just a little bit too far down and click the hyperlink name of the person who submitted the game. When this happens, I almost always lose all of the progress I made and sometimes it is a game I have been playing for 2 or 3 hours. I know I am not the only person who has this problem and I believe I speak for all of us when I say we would appreciate it if the hyperlink was moved elsewhere; maybe to the bottom of the game description and instructions?

• 3 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A few things:

1) Where you described the location of the hyperlink compared to the screen indicates that you are blocking ads. However, unblocking ads won't help because one of the ads would be just below the screen.

2) There is one other thing you can do on your end, and that is to set your screen's resolution to the highest setting possible in order to avoid clicking on unwanted things outside the game screen (btw, I've never experienced this at a resolution of 1366x768, which is the highest resolution possible on my computer).

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Can't ArmorGames set all hyperlinks to third sites to open in a new screen/tab? At least it would resolve people reporting being taken away from their game completely.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

all hyperlinks to third sites

Or all in-site links, period; the issue would otherwise still remain for people who accidentally click an internal link. Obviously
Showing 1-3 of 3