ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Chronicles Of Minotaur

10 5643
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Welcome folks. Please, sit down. Look at the tale I will tell you. A story of horror, a story of struggle, a story of redemption, and a story of friendship.

The Chronicles Of Minotaur is the prequel to Way Of Continuation, and is the origin story of the Minotaur (the character, not myself; contains some events that have happened in my life).

Every Saturday I will upload a chapter. I will now show you the first chapter of the story. Please comment and give reviews/thoughts/questions.

Introduction

375 AD: The hubris of Minos, the king of Crete, was to put into motion a series of events that would consume all of Greece along with himself. It all began one day, when Minos refused to sacrifice his most prized bull to Poseidon, the god of the sea. Enraged that a mortal, a lesser being, defied the rule of a god, Poseidon cast a spell on Minosâs daughter, making her lust for the prized bull. Minos knew nothing of this⦠not until what had happened that day, the day the first Minotaur was born. Minos, startled at Poseidonâs wrath, ordered the creation of the most daunting and monstrous thing ever to be built: The Labyrinth. Deep in the center of Crete, the Labyrinth was built, forsaking the islands greatest sculptor in the process. The Minotaur, just a child then, was bound to a life in this prison. For years he feasted on the flesh of those he never wished harm on. But the Minotaur was not without hope. Before his death, a deal was made with an unknown woman, to spawn a new series of men. But whyâ¦

Chapter 1: Asunder

It was a large room. Massive, yet small. Prison like. This was no ordinary prison however, for when you think you have escaped, youâve only plunged yourself deeper and deeper into the shadows. This was the Labyrinth, home to the Minotaur. ÎινÏÏαÏ...ÏÎ¿Ï Ïο ÏενÏηκοÏÏÏ ÏέμÏÏο was his name, commonly translated to Minotaur The Fifty Fifth. This dark maze had been his home for years. Dark, gloomy, mysterious, yet somehow safe, homey, and protecting. He had never seen sunlight but has seen light peek from the corners of the walls of his poorly made prison. The walls were made of various materials, such as steel, copper, wood, and in some areas a tin like substance. Everything was familiar yet new to him, making life not as empty as it should be.

He looked into a puddle of water he commonly used as a mirror and noticed something, his horns were growing bigger! Nearly one foot long on each side, and almost a complete milky white to suit his black coat of fur. He was very tall as well. He was so tall he had to hunch over when he walked in the dark maze. And he was quite muscular. He learned to grow pride in his physical condition, something that his father had in himself at a time. In his mind he thought âIf only my mother could see me nowâ¦â.

Every 15 year, the descents of Theseus come and murder 1 Minotaur, making the lifespan of a male Minotaur no more than 15 years. Women however are lucky, they can live up to 30 years untouched. The Minotaur race will never die however. Poseidon uses the Minotaurs as an example of his wrath, the curse of eternal ****ation. ÎινÏÏαÏ...ÏÎ¿Ï Ïο ÏενÏηκοÏÏÏ ÏέμÏÏο knew this, and wasnât afraid of death. If anything, he was looking forward to his end. Living his life, living through all he had seen, he would gladly leave it all behind.

He walked around in the Labyrinth, seeing what he could find. Seeing if there were something he could do for the day. He usually would polish the walls with water and scrape off rust with his nails or some shards of metal he could find. âMaybe today I could make something. A tool perhaps. Something that wonât hurt my nails. A scraper of some typeâ¦â he thought. It took him a while to get to the room to clean for the day, but he found it, and some shards of metal. He took the shards and tried to combine the two but pressing them against each other really hard. No good. So he took the shards, put them on the floor, and smashed them with his feet. No food. After stomping on the shards for a while he eventually gave up. âWhy wont you combine?! WHY?!â he screamed in his mind. He eventually kept stomping in the shards, this time out of anger.

The young Minotaur heard a crack come from the wall, the sounds of the cracks echoed throughout the Labyrinth, creating a disturbing rattle that continued for a while. In seconds, the wall fell down and the young Minotaur was blinded by the light of day. He couldnât see and attempted to flee, but hit his head while doing so. He eventually hit his head again and grew unconscious and fell to the ground hard. When he awoke it was nighttime and he could see somewhat. Rubbing his head he moved towards the cracked wall and noticed something in the rubble. He reached over to the pile and moved shards of rock, metal, and wood out of the pile, and in it was a small rectangular object that opened and contained strange symbols. âWhat is this?â he thought. He looked at the massive hole in the wall and noticed something he had never seen before. Freedom. Beyond the rubble were things he had never seen, things he couldnât describe. He ran far from the sight in fear, never looking behind. Before he knew it, he was lost in his own home.

Catching his breath, he sat and looked at this object. It beard a cover that felt the same as skin and had the symbol of a bull. What was this? Who did this? Questions leading to more questions. It was unbearable. He flipped the object around and saw the back. It had strange markings on it. What did it mean? He didnât know. He didnât like the feel of it as well. It felt⦠weird. Inside, he felt he knew he had to know what it meant. Maybe someone wants to help him. But why...

More sounds came from the Labyrinth, but this was a sound he knows. The sound of the gates of the Labyrinth opening. Could it be? Could it be the descents of Thesus, come to take him just the same as his mother? The boy stepped away from the light from the gates opening, clutching the strange thing he was holding. âWhat if I use the opening I found earlier? What if I can make it out of here alive! And be free!â he thought. But where was that opening? He began running in circles like crazy in thought and as he did he slipped and fell, and when he did, the strange thing opened and he saw something he had never seen before. Something that he learned to name. As he looked at the strange thing, it beared a map. A map of the labyrinth and a escape route. It was the same place the crack in the wall was.

Without hesitation, he looked at the map and walked around the labyrinth. He later heard the sounds he had heard the day of his mothers death, the sounds of sharpening metal. Fear filled his mind as he tried to escape the light, leading to his doom.

• 10 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 10