ForumsNews and FeedbackSuggestion to stop spam

4 3737
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

As i have seen quite often is random spamming of ads and random paragraphs that don't mean anything. It might only be a small relatively harmless thing but it can be annoying. Can be bad aswell if someone put in an auto tracker link in the posting. I accept that everywhere on the net this happens and it is rather good how fast it is removed.

Anyway here is my suggestion, To make new accounts unable to post on forums for a set number of days. Or include a verification via email to new members.

There is also the use of ip bans but i think those who spam regularly know how to use a proxy to bypass this.

• 4 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

A thread was created earlier this month to address the issue with spambots. The thread can be found here.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Hmm... @pft you already know about the thread @Patrick2011 mentioned (cuz you posted there...)... so no need to open a new one!

pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Hmm... @pft you already know about the thread @Patrick2011 mentioned (cuz you posted there...)... so no need to open a new one!

I think you are wrong. I did not know about that forum until patricks post. Look at the posting times.

It made this at 7:47pm and i posted on the other forum at 8pm, Don't make assumptions until you know the proper details.

Now i will request a lock for this thread. It was not my intention to duplicate a thread. I just looked in the news. feedback and suggestions forums and not under support as i thought if this existed it would of been here.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Locking this thread by request of the OP.

Showing 1-4 of 4