ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Locked] [OP Request] The Masta's Art

181 69308
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Well I'm new the art forum and I haven't posted much here before, but I'm going to post some of my own original art here now.
I created the following using Microsoft Paint.
Let me know what you think!

Quasi-Emotional Color
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/Quasi-EmotionalColor_zps1f4fea7a.png

Thik Dake
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/ThikDake_zps43402400.png

I should make more soon.

• 181 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

The reason I'm becoming increasingly intolerant of your chatter, is that this current spam-like back and forth arguing is fouling up my previously nice art thread with a bunch of.... ugh! gimme a rest, I just want to, ahh whatever.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

A penny for your thoughts, but I think you draw better with traditional media as opposed to going digital.

Thanks buddy!

Also, what kind of art medium do you use for this? Kind of looks like markers/paint.

Ok here's what I use: High quality art paper (important), and fine German made art markers. (Don't forget that imagination).
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The reason I'm becoming increasingly intolerant of your chatter, is that this current spam-like back and forth arguing is fouling up my previously nice art thread with a bunch of.... ugh! gimme a rest, I just want to, ahh whatever.

I'm going to bold this and place periods after every word so that you can have a chance to grasp what my apparent "chatter" has been:
I'm. Giving. You. Constructive. Criticism.
I. Am. Trying. To. Help. You. Grow. As. An. Artist.

You're bloody welcome.
SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Ok, then stop the arguing and comment on each picture on a piecemeal basis. Stop trying to start World War 3 with your mouth.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

My comments were (and still are) effective as a whole.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Actually how about this: Your "fine, intellectual, and sophisticated constructive criticism" should be confined to the "You're banned" forum game where idiots go back and forth making up absurd yet hilarious claims about each other. (Example: You're banned for being an itchy hooligan)
Your criticism is about as helpful as a sparrow's wings on a blue whale. I mean it.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Your criticism is about as helpful as a sparrow's wings on a blue whale. I mean it.

Watch your mouth. pang is a revered and respected member of this forum. He is not to be addressed in such a manner.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

where idiots go back and forth

1) Resorting to name calling after I tried to help you? oh ok

2) Some of those people I happen to be friends with. So excuse me as I take this asinine comment to heart.

Because you are taking it personally, which you have admitted.
You were receiving nothing but progress halting praise, and someone comes in (someone you already had a pre-conceived bias towards, nonetheless) and states something otherwise. I can see how one might be a bit upset by this fact, but you need to stop taking it so much to heart and look at the criticisms objectively.

He

Clancy..deary..
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Let's calm it down guys, hmm? Not everybody takes criticism the same way, or may even be looking for it. Let's keep things kind and mellow.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Not to be poking my nose where I don't belong, but I skimmed over your thread, and I have to say, I somewhat agree with pang.

As for your actual drawings (or sketches) themselves, I will admit they have potential. Needs a lot of fine tuning. Focus more on bringing 3D-perspective into them, so that way they aren't as flat and awkward.

It didn't seem that rude to me. I would take that advice in hand and go with it. I agree that it can be applied to your work. For example, your "Wulf" does indeed resemble a wolf, but, I have to say, it's not a very realistic wolf. As pang had suggested, 'fine-tuning' the wolf a bit and adding shading that looks a bit more like fur would greatly improve the subject matter.
However, your 'Deathhawk' is very clean and neat and aesthetically pleasing. I would suggest that perhaps you stick to mechanisms for now, but that's my own opinion, which you are not entitled to follow if you don't feel like it.
Not to be poking my nose where I don't belong, but I skimmed over your thread, and I have to say, I somewhat agree with pang.
As for your actual drawings (or sketches) themselves, I will admit they have potential. Needs a lot of fine tuning. Focus more on bringing 3D-perspective into them, so that way they aren't as flat and awkward.

It didn't seem that rude to me. I would take that advice in hand and go with it. I agree that it can be applied to your work. For example, your "Wulf" does indeed resemble a wolf, but, I have to say, it's not a very realistic wolf. As pang had suggested, 'fine-tuning' the wolf a bit and adding shading that looks a bit more like fur would greatly improve the subject matter.
However, your 'Deathhawk' is very clean and neat and aesthetically pleasing. I would suggest that perhaps you stick to mechanisms for now, but that's my own opinion, which you are not entitled to follow if you don't feel like it.
People are far too afraid to give criticism in the AMW now-a-days. Everyone wants to jump on the compliment train instead of telling a person what they did wrong or what to improve on (which in turn helps them grow).

I also agree with that portion of her text. Praise is all well and good, but criticism is also vital. Without criticism, you can't improve your art. For example, your beginning 'expressions'....no offence intended at all, but they don't really strike me as very good art. If I had to be completely honest, it looks like it was drawn by a six-year-old using MS Paint. I'm not calling you a six year old. I simply fail to see how it could be considered as very good art. I don't feel any great emotional upwelling from looking at it. If you feel insulted and a need to rage at me because of that, then fine. I will accept it.
I began typing this post as the second comment on the page was being posted. Since then, you've started insulting pang (which I see no reason for) and Clancy made an admittedly uncalled-for comment.
Once more, I agree with pang.
[quote]where idiots go back and forth

1) Resorting to name calling after I tried to help you? oh ok

2) Some of those people I happen to be friends with. So excuse me as I take this asinine comment to heart.[/quote]
I believe you insulting not just pang, but everyone that posts in the "You're Banned" thread is very rude. I post in that thread, and so have possible hundreds of other users who have done nothing to you. I think you've even posted in there a few times.

And if anyone's posted after your last comment, Themastaplaya, I did not see it.
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

And somehow the first few paragraphs got repeated in my post, you can ignore that.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Ok, Mr. Ferret
I respect you because you are the unflinching good guy that is respectful and right to everyone.
I will be the mature person. I promise to stop this fight with pang. I will ignore her completely from now on.

Yours Truly
Mastaplaya

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ok guys and girls ( really pang?) let's just back away real slowly. The AMW is for fun and games and let's keep it that way.

Masta, yes we all get angry at one point or another when people comment on our art. I used to get worked up and mad when I first started posting my poems and stories here. We get angry because art is subjective, rightfully so and because we put much of ourselves into our art that it seems personal at times. Its almost as if people are critiquing us rather than the piece right? But it's usually not . If it, wasn't for the harsh critique I received, I would probably be clogging up my old thread with atrocious stories. Still am come to think abt it, but not altogether. D:

I would suggest not using Paint or digital programs for now. People usually do it once they get more comfortable with traditional media and then, they still stick to Tablets rather than mouse created art which lacks control for most of us. Also, with Paint you don't get a very pleasing spectrum of colors since one can't shade very well with a mouse. Hope that helps there are many good guides on Devianart on how to get about the art scene if you want to improve.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1717_zps8766957d.jpgYes, I agree with you Nichodemus.
Since my previous art postings got all clogged up and thrashed, I'm going to post some new (and same) ones to get my thread started off again.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/ColorfulGeometricDrawing2_zpsc0cbcd75.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1719_zps4835a55b.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1706_zps6d90206d.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1708_zps2cd2fb6c.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1716_zpsdf475198.jpg

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

There's constructive criticism and then there's unconstructive criticism.

Don't make me get the belt out.

Showing 76-90 of 181