Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Masta's Art

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:04pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

This art might be called expressionism by definition, but I'm just want to make pretty/interesting/cool artwork.
Honestly, are those last two pieces so bad? I'm not trying to be the next Monet or whatever, just take it for what it is.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:13pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,839 posts

This art might be called expressionism by definition, but I'm just want to make pretty/interesting/cool artwork.

But, by definition, expression isn't about being "pretty/interesting/cool". It is about the emotion or mood behind it and what emotion or mood it conveys.

Honestly, are those last two pieces so bad?

Did I say they were bad?

Do not take criticisms so personally, they are not personal attacks. They are to help you grow as an artist.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:20pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

But, by definition, expression isn't about being "pretty/interesting/cool". It is about the emotion or mood behind it and what emotion or mood it conveys.

Ok, then don't think that it is interesting or cool, just be a hater. You know whatever. At least I try to make nice looking "expressions" that are bright and cheerful.

I'm posting a couple new ones now. Here they are:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1717_zps8766957d.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/Eye_of_Azure/IMG_1719_zps4835a55b.jpg

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:23pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,839 posts

Ok, then don't think that it is interesting or cool, just be a hater. You know whatever. At least I try to make nice looking "expressions" that are bright and cheerful.

Seriously?? In all honesty, are you being daft on purpose or are you just skipping over everything I'm saying and assuming that it is just mindless bashing of your work?

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:25pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,435 posts

Knight

A penny for your thoughts, but I think you draw better with traditional media as opposed to going digital.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:26pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

6,252 posts

BOOM CHECKMATE STEVE-ISM. What 'chu gonna do now, pangarang?

Also, what kind of art medium do you use for this? Kind of looks like markers/paint.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:29pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

The reason I'm becoming increasingly intolerant of your chatter, is that this current spam-like back and forth arguing is fouling up my previously nice art thread with a bunch of.... ugh! gimme a rest, I just want to, ahh whatever.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:33pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

A penny for your thoughts, but I think you draw better with traditional media as opposed to going digital.

Thanks buddy!

Also, what kind of art medium do you use for this? Kind of looks like markers/paint.

Ok here's what I use: High quality art paper (important), and fine German made art markers. (Don't forget that imagination).

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:33pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,839 posts

The reason I'm becoming increasingly intolerant of your chatter, is that this current spam-like back and forth arguing is fouling up my previously nice art thread with a bunch of.... ugh! gimme a rest, I just want to, ahh whatever.

I'm going to bold this and place periods after every word so that you can have a chance to grasp what my apparent "chatter" has been:
I'm. Giving. You. Constructive. Criticism.
I. Am. Trying. To. Help. You. Grow. As. An. Artist.

You're bloody welcome.

Posted Feb 10, '14 at 7:36pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,089 posts

Ok, then stop the arguing and comment on each picture on a piecemeal basis. Stop trying to start World War 3 with your mouth.

Reply to The Masta's Art

You must be logged in to post a reply!