Forums

ForumsFlash Games

CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

Posted Apr 29, '14 at 9:55pm

Kargothrax

Kargothrax

206 posts

contest idea: bad boys & girls - (men & women of crime)

Posted Apr 30, '14 at 12:10am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,425 posts

Knight

whats the ruling on copying someone else's concept, design, idea or parameters, etc of a level entry, or any similarity to it? - i.e., the specific or general way how the shot is made and/or the building design

It depends on how similar the two designs are. If one obviously flat-out copied the other, it's not going to get past us, especially if the entries are reviewed in order of submission. So far, that has not yet happened in this contest.

Copying the way a shot is made is much harder to do, but if two castles happen to use the exact same shot, it would not be seen as copying if the structures are completely different, as there are only so many shots that could be made with the trebuchet anyway, and whichever castle uses the shot better would receive the higher rating.

The exception of course being, and this is very unlikely to happen because it's so specific, if a projectile is used that bounces, and two users submit identical bounce shots in their designs. For example, if someone used the exact same shot required to complete "Bombing Iceland", submitted by @gh0sts, in their design, the structure at the bottom of the screen would have to be virtually identical, and as a result, the two levels would be too similar, and the second of the two submitted would, if it wasn't disqualified, receive a very low rating for unoriginality.

Have you seen two entries in the same round that you believe are or were too similar to one another?

Posted May 2, '14 at 4:31am

Kargothrax

Kargothrax

206 posts

Have you seen two entries in the same round that you believe are or were too similar to one another?
- not as of yet, i just wanted a ruling on it is all

Posted May 2, '14 at 7:22pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,425 posts

Knight

Great stuff, this round. Saw some things done with bombs I hadn't seen done before. We might have to have similar, more specific rounds in the future to see what people can do with each bomb projectile.

3rd place, with an average rating of 6.3/10, goes to Sand Castle Hall, submitted by @Arm_Candy.

2nd place, with an average rating of 6.53/10, goes to VOLTRON, submitted by @randytheviking2.

1st place, and the grand merit prize winner of Round 13, with an average rating of 6.87/10, goes to Air Strike, submitted by @Islandempire89. Congratulations!

ROUND 14
Theme: Bridges
Deadline: Tuesday, May 6, 11:59 pm AG time.
Judges: @CourtJester, @FishPreferred, @Ernie15
Description: It could be a replica of an existing bridge, or something completely original, but the design has to resemble a bridge in some way.

Get hyped, and build some bridges.

@Islandempire89 and his castle have been inducted into the CTC2PP Hall of Fame.

last edited May 02 2014 07:32 pm by Ernie15

Posted May 3, '14 at 4:47pm

randytheviking2

randytheviking2

647 posts

my bridge contest entree:
Black Diamond Bridge
no coding used for support and it stood for over 5 minutes for me :-)

Posted May 4, '14 at 1:08am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,425 posts

Knight

Here's my basic bridge design from 2011. It's pretty minimalist, but it got a couple hundred likes back in the day.

Posted May 4, '14 at 7:51am

DrElmer

DrElmer

487 posts

Posted May 4, '14 at 5:24pm

JACKinbigletters

JACKinbigletters

9,486 posts

Posted May 5, '14 at 12:24am

Islandempire89

Islandempire89

65 posts

If everything I built did not fall down almost immediately, I would have built and published over 60 castles by now.

Arid River Bed

Ha! Too bad 80 percent of the time I'm a failure!

Posted May 5, '14 at 9:13am

Kargothrax

Kargothrax

206 posts

Reply to CTC2PP: Custom Castle Contest

You must be logged in to post a reply!