ForumsGamesDonkey Kong?

12 6646
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i cant tell you the last time i talked to someone here about dk, sooo how many dk fans here? and looking forward to the new game coming out?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2rrncdj.jpg

• 12 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I wouldn't mind getting it. Donkey Kong Country Returns was actually really fun and the graphics were amazing. I expect no different from this one.

I also find it kinda funny you can play as Cranky Kong, and it looks like he's invincible or something. Should be interesting.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

sooo how many dk fans here?

I said it with my introduction here I think, that I once held the dubious distinction of being the top player at Donkey Kong Jr. on all of the machines of some small island. (Of all the dorky games, and a small island it was indeed!)

From the sins of our youth dept. So I guess I felt there was something to it; or maybe I just couldn't crack any of the others, heheh Pals of mine would be the top players at Defender and Stargate and the likes, instead; how's that for cool, huh.

The initial Kong, sure; I guess along with PacMan cs. it must've been among the first computer games I ran into. Back then, sure they were quite something.
Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

I'm a fan of the original game. Jumping over barrels may sound repetitive, but there is a certain level of strategy to it. Plus if you jump over enough of them in a round, it makes up for the end-of-level bonus you've lost from jumping over so many barrels.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I have never actually played a DK game except the ones they used to have in arcades. Is it worth getting?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I didn't realize there was such an extensive Kong family until I looked up some of the members on a DK-related Wiki (still no Wiki Kong?).

To think it all just stemmed from an giant malicious ape who kidnapped a princess and rolled barrels at a young Italian man to keep him away from the princess. Now he's a good guy with all these nice friends, and even Mario invites him go-karting? Now there's a guy who doesn't hold a grudge.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Is it worth getting?

I think the question is, is it worth getting a wii u? haha
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

To think it all just stemmed from an giant malicious ape who kidnapped a princess and rolled barrels at a young Italian man to keep him away from the princess. Now he's a good guy with all these nice friends, and even Mario invites him go-karting? Now there's a guy who doesn't hold a grudge.

They go go-karting with bowser, who they fight with all the time. go-karting with DK isn't that big of a deal.

Never played dk games before, might consider it.

~~~Darth Caedus
gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I've never played a game where DK was the main character. What types of things does one do in such a game?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

They go go-karting with bowser, who they fight with all the time. go-karting with DK isn't that big of a deal.

DK was Mario's first enemy, and he was the first to kidnap a princess. Bowser just had a cooler house.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

I'll get it if it's 2 player. Is it 2 player?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'll get it if it's 2 player. Is it 2 player?

Considering the last one was 2 player and how there's 3 characters to choose as your teamate... No, it isn't 2 player.
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i only found DK multiplayer fun if its like the one in donkey kong 64

Showing 1-12 of 12