ForumsNews and FeedbackOnline friends system thing.

17 8670
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I seem to have noticed this thing in the friends list where it tells you if your friend is online without having to click their username.

I think this is pretty cool. What do you guys think?

Also just a question, what's the order? Its not in Alphabetical order, its not who was online last, its not going by how old their account is. Does anyone know what the organization is?

• 17 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I just saw it too

It's very...clunky..

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Also just a question, what's the order? Its not in Alphabetical order, its not who was online last, its not going by how old their account is. Does anyone know what the organization is?

It seems that @Ernie15 already asked that question, and Ferret wrote the following comment as an answer:

I was told it was by last added.

I have checked my friends list, and I believe the most recent addition is on top.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

It's very...clunky..

I agree. It's nice for in the actual list but I think it shouldn't be on your actual profile, makes it looks a bit sloppy :P
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I kind of wish they would have made it more specific. For example ("blk2860 just posted in Forum Games&quot, or even ("blk2860 just posted in Gears of Balance (Techno-Steampunk RPG)&quot

I believe it's the same presence feature as in the actual profiles, though more specific would be helpful.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I agree. It's nice for in the actual list but I think it shouldn't be on your actual profile, makes it looks a bit sloppy :P

It might be better as a feature that's exclusive to your extended "all friends" page, as opposed to additionally covering the 10 that appear on your profile page.

But then you have the people who have 10 or fewer friends added who don't have an "all friends" list and wouldn't be able to access the new feature. In which case, the most logical option here would be to add the "all friends" button, or a similar button, such as "friend info", to everyone's page.

This could potentially solve the clunkiness problem, at least.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

The main fix here is the "View More Friends" button at the bottom, letting you go through all your friends. Before it wouldn't list them all.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Wow, I have 6 pages of friends.

I really did spend too much time here talking to people. And to think, there are plenty of users with even more extensive friends lists.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Yeah I am not a huge fan of seeing it on the front page. It kinda is congested.
1. Needs to be a turn off button
2. probably should only be on the "all friends" page

3. Possibly only limit to "active" and "inactive"
inactive being hasn't signed on in a month
~~Black~~

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Man, I need to get some friends! this looks cool

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So I had an idea. So what if instead of those long words, they're replaced with the online/offline circle thing and you can hover over it to see what this friend is doing or was doing last.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

When you get the final page of friends on some people's profiles, there will be another link to continue. The link takes you to a page saying "No friends added!"

Example

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

When you get the final page of friends on some people's profiles, there will be another link to continue. The link takes you to a page saying "No friends added!"

Example

It seems to work fine for me. You probably need to clear your cache to see additional friend pages.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

The main fix here is the "View More Friends" button at the bottom, letting you go through all your friends. Before it wouldn't list them all.

Yes! Thanks for the fix! Now I am suggesting maybe a way to sort your friends? By activity or name or something, as it would make it easier to find someone I want through my 750+ friends.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

Now we can see on one page where the friends are hiding from us, instead of going to each individually.

It is actually useful for mmo's. You can see who is on in the guild/corp/alliance, i mean if they are on AG but not playing it at the time. If you have them added of course.

Is a nice thing to know if you haven't seen a friend on and you can see when they were.

Arm_Candy
Arm_Candy
716 posts
Bard

This would be useful to have on the about page as well.

Showing 1-15 of 17