ForumsNews and FeedbackChallenge of the day?

13 5234
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Before we start off - I don't know if this has been posted or suggested before, I couldn't find it or I was too much of a dumbo to be able to.

I saw the "?" button and I was like "What D: ?!?" and after seeing it gives you the ability of playing randomly a game this idea came through my mind.

It would be really nice if there was some CotD ( Challenge of the Day, as stated in the title ) event going on where we could get specific awards according to that challenge.. or weekly, or monthly or how often you guys feel like doing it.

I hope the other Armorgamers will enjoy the idea of this.

Thanks a bunch, SH~

• 13 Replies
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Well that's something my mind's skipped while making up this idea, but technically yeah, something that could go for longer time would be better.

Well then, as I stated without thinking about this, there could be monthly challenges because, let's be honest, there's also the possibility of someone being away for over a week or two.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Oh - okay, will do.
Thanks for the tips and for taking your time to read over my suggestion. Well, I thought of this because well, you know, specific awards usually = unique awards and it would get more people online and trying to play games and do the challenges.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I noticed the reply and also left a comment on your page. Well, I do like writing properly and I'm trying my best to do it - and yes, I indeed noticed that showing off well both in behaving and writing/chatting helps a lot.
Thanks. !

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

This has been suggested a few times in the past. The problem with this idea is that it not only favors those who log in every day, but more specifically, it favors users who have been here longer than others. At least with the quest system, you can acquire quests at your own pace and eventually make it within the top few pages of the hero board, but even with the legacy quests implemented, there's no possible way for someone with no legacy quests to become higher-ranked than someone with every game quest and legacy quest.

For every "limited time only" quest you add, you get a quest that everyone who joined after that date will never be able to attain, and then the hero board would completely favor users who have been around longer, even more than it does now, without any chance of newer users catching up (unless all of the old ones stop completing challenges).

Now, if these challenges were to be separate from the hero board altogether, then it could potentially work, provided that the admins were willing to update it weekly (daily would probably be a bit much), but it could not be turned into a competition for the reasons stated above.

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

If the admins could easily add a new quest every day they would just add more permanent quests instead of temporary ones. it would be a much more productive use of their time and much more beneficial to the players.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Two weeks is more than enough time for everyone to at least try to earn it.

Except for the users who sign up after the challenge ends. That's where the problem lies. They get put at an unfair advantage to which they cannot recover from, and as a result, they could become discouraged from using the site altogether.

The reason why quests remain quests forever is so anyone can earn them at any time, regardless of when they signed up or how much time they spend online. This system keeps it so a user who joined in 2014 can eventually attain as many quests as someone who joined a year earlier, and it wouldn't favor the early bird in a way in which the newer user would not be able to complete.

When holiday-relevant Armatars are posted, they only remain available for so long.

There is also no competition as to who collects the most holiday armatars, and some of them, such as certain Halloween and Winter Contest designs, become available in future contests, and are available for more than one seasonal period.
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Except for the users who sign up after the challenge ends. That's where the problem lies. They get put at an unfair advantage to which they cannot recover from, and as a result, they could become discouraged from using the site altogether.

Can't say I haven't thought of that but I did read that you guys said something about not being on the "hero board" ( or something? ) so that could also be a way to solve this - something that indeed doesn't boost an user up.

I indeed should have thought of this a bit more and a bit deeper, but thank you guys for taking your time in reading & replying. I'm sad I can't update the opening post so I can edit it with what you guys said or suggested about it.
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

To let you know, doge is kill =(

I know pang. Many sad, very dissapoint.

Thanks for the welcome posts and kind words guys! Oh god I'm starting to love this community.
https://31.media.tumblr.com/72590d71c8346be826b95454cc813b7e/tumblr_inline_mzw1d5BTxV1rlrz24.png
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

WHAT IN THE WORLD LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE HAVEN'T SWITCHED TABS AND WROTE IN THIS.

VERY RAGE. NOT WOW.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

First things first, pls dont use all caps, ragede or not

Socond:

"hero board" ( or something? )

Here is a link, its devided in today / this week / all time.
You can also reach it by the top green bar, "Quests", hover over it and a pull down menu appears, one point there is "Hero board".
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Oh, sorry, didn't know the whole caps thing could bother someone - won't do it again!

In the meantime I also thought about having monthly things like - every month something happens, but it stays the same. Like, this July we have an event, the next year's July the SAME event.. just monthly ones. I don't know if this is such a good idea but it flashed through my mind.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

I'm sad I can't update the opening post so I can edit it with what you guys said or suggested about it.

There'd be no need to put them all in one place. People won't have any trouble reading the two pages that already exist.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I made a thread for "What did I just watch?" music videos and, a few pages in, told people to not use "mystery box" links (with no artist or song title posted). I've had to say it again three times because people often just read the OP and respond to it. I would avoid a lot of wasted posts if I could add that to the rules.

That thread would probably run its course no matter what was in the OP. Your obvious fallacy on the thread is the illusion that you can keep control of a thread once you started it.
Showing 1-13 of 13