ForumsProgramming Forum[Redirected] "Copyright" of free games on armorgames.com

7 6330
vothaison
vothaison
4 posts
Nomad

Hello everyone,

I am a developer (mostly C#).
Say, I would like to write a game in C#, which is similar to a game (free), on armorgame. Is there any terms or "sort of" that I should know? Because it seems like I can't contact with the game maker.
I found some games here that has already been ported to C# (for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8). I, myself, has written some games, but now yet submitted to the Store.
Please help me, give me some advices

To all creative developers, your games are great, thank you!

• 7 Replies
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

If its a problem with a game you should cantact the Dev's from that game actually if its an AG problem contact the admins : @ Ferret and @boppins

minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Sorry to double post , fixed link to ferret : @Ferret

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

You can't copyright game mechanics themselves so I wouldn't worry about that. The biggest legal problem for you if you are adapting a game is the name itself. But I don't think you would have any problems even if you had a very similar name. So this just appears to be something you would do out of courtesy then copyright. I would try to get in contact with the developer but I don't see a problem even if you can't get in contact or he tells you that he doesn't want you to.

But I'm not a lawyer so this is just opinion.

vothaison
vothaison
4 posts
Nomad

Thank you all, very much,
I've read the "Terms and Conditions" of Armorgame, still can't find anything, neither the Windows Store.
I'll try contact the admins,
thanks gain.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I would like to write a game in C#, which is similar to a game

I guess any legalities apart, your biggest risk would be getting shot down in no uncertain terms by users for being an unimaginative copy-cat.

Believe me, see it happen often enough on this site alone. Whether that bothers you is up to you. To give due credit where it's due I'm sure would only suit one well.
vothaison
vothaison
4 posts
Nomad

I see many games here have been ported to C# (I mean rewritten), and submitted to the store. They have many ratings.
Maybe I should try to contact with those game makers on the Store.
Thanks

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Even though this thread was created before it's duplicate, I'm going to lock this one as the topic has been addressed and is currently looked at in the duplicate version linked below... =)

http://armorgames.com/community/thread/12235610/copyright-for-rewriting-game-in-another-platform/

Showing 1-7 of 7