ForumsNews and FeedbackFF suggestion - Moderator column

9 3695
ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

http://s13.postimg.org/mo849v16f/ivan7x_9.png

Moderators are randomly lined in this image, this is just an example!

This also applies to administrators,because they are at the same time moderators and administrators.

So, @boppins would be a logical choice for Support Forum section. e.g.

• 9 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Sorry mate, I can't really see the image! :/

Do yah mean linking the name of a moderator per section?

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Sorry mate, I can't really see the image! :/

I usually upload images on postimage.org because it works fast and does not compress images without prior notice. The only flow lies in server stability,occasionally server is out of reach! But even when this happens, it doesn't last too long.

Do yah mean linking the name of a moderator per section?

Basically, that is it!
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Yeah, that may help with moderation, but the thing here is, What if the mods see something in another thread, when the others are not on?
Most mods arn't on at the same time, so IDK if this will work, seems like the old system is just as good...

~~Black~~

ivan
ivan
1,417 posts
King

Yeah, that may help with moderation, but the thing here is, What if the mods see something in another thread, when the others are not on?

That has nothing to do with spam! It is a common occurrence which is not strictly related to the competence.

This is about the jurisdiction based on knowledge of the matter and capabilities for professional support. Person may be an expert with enough knowledge for technical support,but it lacks the knowledge of some other field. Another person may not know too much about technical stuff,but is an expert on the field of art.

This classification already exists.

Try to think about it in reverse case, wouldn't be easyer for users to know who is in charge for particular forum section? In that case they would know who they need to contact if the have some particular problem.

In particular, try to observe this from the perspective of someone who has just recently arrived in the forum,or someone who uses forum strictly for technical support.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I would think that it's a proposal that does have its merits. Just off the top of my mind, probably Moe/Frank to the WERP, Gantic/Kegaumongo to the AMW, etc. A caveat could probably be thrown in there, somewhere along the lines of said mod being partial to such and such particular Forum, though they should still head for those active mods if anything is urgent, or they can still contact said mod for any bothersome issue. In somewhat more precise, succinct terms. :>

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I know this, seen it on another (german) forum. We have fixed mods for the different subs there, but thats not a must.
Its pretty nice for users, specially new ones.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

This is about the jurisdiction based on knowledge of the matter and capabilities for professional support.

Yes, but why even use this when they could just go there anyway?
I don't think we need to confine them based on talent, let them roam where they please and if they end up in one place thats fine.
Right now we have a good crossover.

~~Black~~
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Yes, but why even use this when they could just go there anyway?
I don't think we need to confine them based on talent, let them roam where they please and if they end up in one place thats fine.
Right now we have a good crossover.

Black, Ivan's proposal is not to have sub-Forum mods, but simply to link their names on the sub-Forum based on their expertise, so people can find help pertaining to such sections more conveniently.

Hope that clears things up!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

This is about the jurisdiction based on knowledge of the matter and capabilities for professional support. Person may be an expert with enough knowledge for technical support,but it lacks the knowledge of some other field. Another person may not know too much about technical stuff,but is an expert on the field of art.

I feel like this places a conceived duty of a mod over a set one of their.
Showing 1-9 of 9