ForumsNews and FeedbackA button to hide MMO games, please

6 3717
Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

Frankly, I'm tired of evony clones and Zynga wannabes popping up everywhere, and would like to not accidentally click into a game that's "Free to play*." after reading a promising game description

Is it possible to add a filter to hide games that have microtransactions, item malls, and other "I Wanna Be The Farmville" games?

• 6 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

All I know is this question pops up quite regularly of late, so you could've searched for an existing thread to tag on to.

Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

Thank you for your helpful and insightful post.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Y'r welcome The unspoken message btw, and like it or not, is that so yes it does get asked, and so answered, too.

All I know is I never accidentally click no MMO's no more, although I used to in the past, so a way to avoid it must have been introduced. I honestly don't pay it attention beyond that, so can't explain how to.

But the how-to's do get addressed, I think, in such threads.

The forums of late come with a search box, at top-right. And arguably looking for you now, I can't find a pertinent thread on it in a jiffy. Looking at the front page now, I think a tell-tale sign may be how the current MMO's there are missing the blue category tag; and, hovering over them, the little pop-up screen mentions no sub-categories for them, either.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then only to expound,

I think a tell-tale sign may be how the current MMO's there are missing the blue category tag; and, hovering over them, the little pop-up screen mentions no sub-categories for them, either.

Whilst moving on to the site's various gaming sub-categories, I think MMO's get listed only under that category, and not any others. So not in Adventure, Strategy, etc.; nor in the more newly introduced categories like robots, driving, and so on. Is that correct, folks?
Cirno
Cirno
31 posts
Peasant

MMOs still get listed on the strategy tab. I'd like to see them confined in a corner I don't have to look at them.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

MMOs still get listed on the strategy tab.

Yes, now that you mention. I think they're the ones that go without ratings there.
Showing 1-6 of 6