ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] Moderator Messengers

16 9101
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I was speaking to MrDayCee and I think his words can apply to all active mods/admins.

The thing was they get social messages just talking, and interacting with other users, then they get Moderator/Admin messages that are about the site wellness and items that need to be taken care of in that sense.

My proposal was to have an extra Moderator/Administrator Messenger box.
This would be where the site/Moderation/Admin Things that they need to take care of would be. That way the messenger would be strictly for social interaction, and would not have to be sifted through to find the tasks that need to be fulfilled.

Some unique functions could be an exact link imbedder to the post/user/link in question. Also functions to search keywords such as Spam or Hack. Then A check box for the mods, so the posts will either disappear, or be filed into another system so they know what tasks/problems they have dealt with.

Let me know potential problems/ your feed back on this. I think it will really help, but It may also be an invitation to spam...

~~Black~~

• 16 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=MrDayCee]Now, to get it back on track... anyone else have a thought about the suggested feature? =)[/quote]

Not really; other than to agree that you're probably right when you said:

[quote=MrDayCee]Allthough I can understand what you mean, seeing as I am the one you spoke with earlier, I do have to point out that there's no need for a separate commenting system on a Mod's and/or Admin's profile.

You see, adding a second messenger will only add to confusion and has no real function, other than reporting matters that can be written in the current messenger already. We simply need to sift through them and filter out the urgent matters we need to attend to. Part of our job! =)[/quote]

Showing 16-16 of 16