ForumsNews and FeedbackOkay, It's 2014 and seriously tired of waiting...

8 5101
mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

Back in 2011 (or 2012 maybe?) ArmorGames said "Very soon we will be releasing a new armorgames site!"... 2-3 years have passed, and, the logo changed, the menu bar is a bit nicer, and now I have a drop down menu on my profile.

Woohoo!

Seriously? I mean like, 2-3 years have gone by and you have that much done?
When they gave us the &quotreview" of how it would eventually look, it was awesome! Plus, it all worked except for comments! What was there to do? Why not just use that? And why is it taking SO long?

Come on ArmorGames, I know there was an old post about this, but, really, its been 2 years since that post and I can spot 3-4 minor differences in the site. I think if ArmorGames actually tried they could've had this done by now.

• 8 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

All of it's been deleted. The whole Beta site is gone.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

"AG3" is being released as a series of smaller updates rather than an entirely new site altogether. That whole beta thing was scrapped, and probably for the better, because it looked more like a social networking site than anything.

What I'd like to know is how you've only noticed 3-4 of the many updates we've been given over the past couple years.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Knights, Quests, a good number of bug fixes, and some cosmetic and otherwise smaller functional updates. The site has improved quite a bit since Ferret and Boppins were hired. One of the issues I see is the fact that from Cormyn's resigning to Ferret's hiring, there were dozens of bugs popping up. A lot of them (among some code problems) have yet to be repaired before updates are released. Some updates have been a bit pointless, yeah, but all we can do is wait and ask why occasionally.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Multiple things have changed on Armor Games.

- Quests
- Hero Board (Quest leader board)
- Knights
- Armartar Color Outlines of administrators, moderators, and knights
- Game Tags
- New Menu Bar with Drop Down Box (When you log in)
- Random Game Button has returned
- Friends list has new functions (You can see when a user was last doing something)
- Last and Next buttons on games
- We also had a peek at the Disqus Commenting system.
- Recent User Activity on profile (upper left area of profile under username to right of Armatar)

I don't see how Quests, Knights, and Game Tags are minor differences, although at a quick glance the main layout of the site itself does not look drastically different, especially when compared to the old AGV3 beta. But many things have changed.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Lil add on that:

Search system in the forums
Search system for games is completly overhauled

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I agree with Reton8 said. We appreciate the feedback, but we're doing the best we can with the small team we have.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Anyone else notice the Find Me button on the Hero Board? It doesn't appear to do anything just yet, but I think you can figure out what its intended purpose is.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Find Me button ... do anything just yet

Ah, thats new... in fact it do something, but dont work properly yet.

Results:
I get 1 quest today, clicking on "find me" i end on the first page which have some users that solved 1 quest for today... but it dont find me
I get 3 weeks for this week, clicking on "find me" i end up somewhere on a page where users have solved 3 for today... but it dont find me
i have 369 in total... click on "find me"... BINGO^^
Showing 1-8 of 8