ForumsNews and Feedback[Suggestion] Thanking posts

22 9514
VeeForVendetta
VeeForVendetta
8 posts
Nomad

I just registered here, but I already got an idea for AG forums.

I've been lurking few other forums lately and I've seen button which you can use to thank other user's useful posts.

Those thanks would just be there for making you feel more special!
No awards or any fancy armatars. Just thanks.

When user thanks you, your thank count goes up like posts do.
It would also show under your post count.

There could also be ''remove thanks'' button if you change your mind.

Here's a few pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/TPLvL0f.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tSpWCmp.jpg

I would like to know what you think about it.
Criticism is welcome!

• 22 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester
VeeForVendetta
VeeForVendetta
8 posts
Nomad

Something like this?

Oh god, how didn't I see that thread? My bad.
And yes. Exactly like that!
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

I am happy to have inspired this post. :-)

There is the alternative to comment to ones profile. Also if you have a change of mind they are easily removable by yourself.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I like this idea.

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

Hehe, I'm glad someone else made another topic about this that attracted an Administrator's attention.

Well done, V!

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

There is the alternative to comment to ones profile. Also if you have a change of mind they are easily removable by yourself.

You can't remove your comments on another user's profile.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

You can't remove your comments on another user's profile.

You can't? Was it ever possible? I was sure this was something. I have never needed to do it but from the little delete icon on our own profiles, I never really noticed it wasn't else where.

If not that is another issue to bring up, the ability to remove comments from others pages. Might not be needed i can't think of many reasons for it, just a few. Could be you wrote something to someone and re-read and realize that somehow the recipient would take it wrong. Another if you a silly enough to post something but to the wrong person.Most probably won't be doing this but if your tired or just having a bad day. We should include the possibilities. Don't think of just oneself in a scenario but of others.

I do assume that mods can remove from any profile? So if you want one remove contact a mod.

Hehe, I'm glad someone else made another topic about this that attracted an Administrator's attention.

One person shouts about something, they are deemed to be crazy. When a crowd shouts about something, it is an idea.
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

One person shouts about something, they are deemed to be crazy. When a crowd shouts about something, it is an idea.

Touche.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

If not that is another issue to bring up, the ability to remove comments from others pages.

It was, just the other day: Deleting your comments on other people's profile.

I don't think it's a good idea, it will lead to confusion and possible aggravation. Sure, if you really want something removed and have good reason to, contact the staff.
sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

I really hope tho that this idea will be approved and worked into. There are so many good posts that deserve "Thanks"s.

devansh_asthana
devansh_asthana
480 posts
Farmer

And there could be a 'thanks goal'.So if a person recieves a particular no. of thanks,he could receive a merit!
=)

sinhellsing
sinhellsing
352 posts
Peasant

And there could be a 'thanks goal'.So if a person recieves a particular no. of thanks,he could receive a merit!
=)

It's not a bad idea but then others will kind of start to beg for thanks and you'll see "thanks if I helped" everywhere. :/

But I'm really up for it!
VeeForVendetta
VeeForVendetta
8 posts
Nomad

@devansh_asthana

Like I said in OP, no awards or anything else. Just thanks ^^
Some people could start to beg for thanks or make alternative accounts to thank their own posts and that would be unfair.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

People would get their friends to thank them for no reason and they'd receive plenty of merits they didn't deserve.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

As the others still mentioned, a system like that could be easily abused... its downright a invitation to abuse it.
Showing 1-15 of 22